🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions, or submit your suggestions via this form. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

Here we go again - another rip off!!!

Options
I'm soooo sorry guys, but my brother is driving me crazy! He's totally addicted to eBay and keeps on getting ripped off (I've purchased over 250 items and never had that problem - but hey, that's one over on him then!! lol).

Ok, his latest two probs are:-

Purchasing Series 3 of Star Trek Voyager on DVD for £54 - cheque sent and cleared - never recieved item and eBayer no longer a registered user!

Purchasing Series 1 through 7 of Star Trek Voyager for £161 - new eBayer and still trading - dvd's turned out to be copied from a Sky type of channel (logo on top left hand corner!!! and obviously copied/edited), missing one full series and right now I'm rubbing my face in pure despair!!

It's all very well reporting to eBay, but most of these people disappear as soon as they've got sales... and re register elsewhere.

My brother is a very intellgient man, but not when it comes to eBay (it's like a gambling addiction!). I would dearly love to cover his loses and send him his Star Trek Voyager DVD's - copies would be ok (yes, we will purchase the originals when they become available), but that's not really the reason I'm here. Can anyone offer advice please?

Many thanks (still hanging my head in shame!),

Penny

Comments

• soolin
    soolin Posts: 72,358 Ambassador
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Penny,

There is so much advice that people can offer about avoiding problems with sellers but it does sound like your brother probably won't listen to anything whatever you say. Can't you just steer him towards the cheap DVD sites and things online that often undercut the ebay prices anyway?

Soo
    I’m a Forum Ambassador and I support the Forum Team on the eBay, Auctions, Car Boot & Jumble Sales, Boost Your Income, Praise, Vents & Warnings, Overseas Holidays & Travel Planning , UK Holidays, Days Out & Entertainments boards. If you need any help on these boards, do let me know.. Please note that Ambassadors are not moderators. Any posts you spot in breach of the Forum Rules should be reported via the report button, or by emailing forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com.All views are my own and not the official line of MoneySavingExpert.
  • pennyuk
    pennyuk Posts: 88 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for your response, I'm extremely upset to admit that my brother got his so called vengence on this person and I've now got my sympathies with the rip off merchant!

(oh, that looks harsh... no, they didn't meet up for a fight!)

'Nuff said and thanx again
  • milsna
    milsna Posts: 58 Forumite
    Options
    Hello Penny, I am sorry to hear this! did he pay by paypal? because he can get the money back if it has been 30 days, Also you could pull all info about this person and get the phone number etc, even go there if it isn't too far! You can threaten to get the police involved as it is fraud.
    If you have any probs with the paypal etc...or don't know how to do it let me know and I will help!

I did try all these as I lost £30 to some b*tch selling stuff for my 2 year old daughters bedroom!! it was some sweet cushions. Anyways she ignored me til I threatened the police saying it was fraud! She lived in America so I haven't done anything :(an put it down to expericence but every now and then I send her a email requesting refund! :o I am still waiting.!

And to get the set properly perhaps you cuold get them off Amazon! they even sell them second hand....on the "online Discount Vouchers" thread I am sure I saw some for Amazon!! check it out!
    Sarah x
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 11 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.1K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family