Bank paid pelvis but refuses to pay PPI

Options
Hi there,
Hoping someone here has experience of something like this and can help guide me to get this resolved.
I have previously had 2 loans with Halifax, neither of which did I request or knowingly have PPI for.
One loan they admitted having PPI on immediately, before refunding.
The second loan, they admitted 1.5 years ago there is PPI applied, but said they were awaiting new legislation (Plevin) and that would impact the total payout amount. They have now been back in touch, and paid me £100 for plevin, but advised they will not pay the £500 in PPI I paid.
I have written back to argue the point, but we are already several letters in and, as any of you that have had to deal with Halifax on this will know, their admin is appalling.
Clearly I want my money back, but dealing with them on proving to be stressful and their attitude seems to be nothing short of unfair.
Has anyone else had this? And any tips on how to get them to pay me my money so I can move on with my life?!
Thank you

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,594 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I thought banks were paying an arm and a leg but it turns out its just a pelvis.
    Clearly I want my money back, but dealing with them on proving to be stressful and their attitude seems to be nothing short of unfair.

How is it unfair?

They consider your complaint. They rejected it 18 months ago. So, you knew that was the case. You either accept their decision or you refer it to the FOS if you disagree.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    And any tips on how to get them to pay me my money so I can move on with my life?!

Top tip: Don't let a PPI policy stop you from moving on with your life.

It's only PPI.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    they admitted having PPI
    Simply having insurance (PPI) does not mean it was automatically mis-sold to you.
  • -taff
    -taff Posts: 14,572 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I have previously had 2 loans with Halifax, neither of which did I request or knowingly have PPI for.
    Yes, you would have signed for this, you just forgot. It is practically unheard of [I haven't heard of this ever, but maybe Dunston or someone else has] to have PPI attached to a loan without your signature somewhere [if it was not bought online]

Has anyone else had this? And any tips on how to get them to pay me my money so I can move on with my life?!
    Thank you

They are not agreeing with your version of events, and you had six months from their final decision to go to the FOS about their decision. That time has passed, so your complaint is over. The Plevin payout is the only one you're going to get.
    Shampoo? No thanks, I'll have real poo...
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure