Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

ANPR Parking PCN in Amersham

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
4 replies 242 views
kvarakvara Forumite
2 Posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking
i just saw that someone else also received a PCN at the Natwest Bank car park in Amersham. PCS the debt collection company is seeking payment of £60 for parking in the private car park administered by ANPR Parking Services. Can this PCN be contested?

I did park in the space on Sunday when the space was not being used by the Bank. Parking at meters and on single yellow on Sunday are free and think the £60 fee is not fair.

Any advice?

Thanks

Replies

• QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    All pcns can be contested

Go to the newbies faq thread near the top of the forum, learn all about this game and get contesting!

Throughout here you are advised never to reveal who was driving

You need to edit your post to remove details of the driver
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    33.4K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Parking at meters and on single yellow on Sunday are free
    Council ones?
    think the £60 fee is not fair.
    What did the signs say?

How to deal with this is shown in the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #1. Please do read it - but it's not a skim read document, you are looking to save yourself £60 that the parking company may have a legal entitlement to, so it's something you're going to have to put the legwork in to fighting it.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .
    I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • Hi kvara,

What action did you take in the end? I know someone else who has been issued a PCN in the same place who is seeking advice.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    95.4K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    There is nothing different to be done with a BPA firm; it's all already set out in the NEWBIES thread, and this bunch can be beaten at POPLA.

http://www.anprparkingservices.co.uk/

Should be a cinch for a registered keeper appellant, not saying who was driving.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole

Get a month's worth of free smoothies, frappes, coffee etc

MSE Deals