Backpayment for UC additional amount

I'm currently waiting on the result of my UC50 Health Questionnaire and hoping to be placed into the Support Group, Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity.

Should I be placed in the above group, either at the first instance or after a medical assessment, I was wondering whether the addional amount is able to be backdated?

The process is very stressful and I have already waited a long time, which I appreciate is the norm. Therefore, I am hoping the additional amount can be backdated, even if just a month or two, to help with my current financial situation.

Comments

• poppy12345
    poppy12345 Posts: 17,932 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    robjaret wrote: »
    I'm currently waiting on the result of my UC50 Health Questionnaire and hoping to be placed into the Support Group, Limited Capability for Work and Work Related Activity.

Should I be placed in the above group, either at the first instance or after a medical assessment, I was wondering whether the addional amount is able to be backdated?

The process is very stressful and I have already waited a long time, which I appreciate is the norm. Therefore, I am hoping the additional amount can be backdated, even if just a month or two, to help with my current financial situation.
    If you're given LCWRA then your money will be back dated to week 14 of your claim.

If it's LCW and your claim was started after 3rd April 2017 then there will be no back dated money.
  • huckster
    huckster Posts: 4,813 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Suggest you phone UC to ask about current position.

Ask whether it is now with a Decision Maker (DM) and if so when it was referred to them. You are currently looking at about 1 month after a referral to a DM, for decision to be made/communicated.

Also ask when the Work Capability Assessment process started. As already advised, you won't receive the extra amount for first 13 weeks, unless it is terminal condition.

This time of the year it takes longer. You could be waiting 2 months between assessment date and hearing the outcome.
    The comments I post are personal opinion. Always refer to official information sources before relying on internet forums. If you have a problem with any organisation, enter into their official complaints process at the earliest opportunity, as sometimes complaints have to be started within a certain time frame.
  • pmlindyloo
    pmlindyloo Posts: 13,049 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    For UC it is 3 months and ties in with date the claimant receives their UC.

Read this:

https://assets.publishing.service.gov.uk/government/uploads/system/uploads/attachment_data/file/661568/admf5.pdf

F5030 onwards - good example later to show how it works.
  • robjaret
    robjaret Posts: 9 Forumite
    Thanks all for the help :)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 607.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills