Same Day Skip Removal?

Options
Is it possible to have a skip delivered on the the morning and removed the same day!
We have a problem with fly-tippers filling skips as soon as they appear, in an ideal World i would just love it used and removed the same day but i can't seem to find any that will do this, it's not the end of the world if it's still there when full i suppose but the thought of an empty skip worries me.
Don't Trust Anybody!

Comments

• Tom_Jones
    Tom_Jones Posts: 1,562 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Forgive me for being thick, but if you have a skip delivered in the morning and you fill it the same day then there won't be any room for fly tippers to dump their rubbish ?

As long as you use it for what you need it for then don't worry about the fly tippers, most skip companies will collect the following day.
  • Andy123.
    Andy123. Posts: 17 Forumite
    Options
    If you have all of the rubbish ready some do a service where they wait for you to fill it.
  • MX5huggy
    MX5huggy Posts: 6,854 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    Any skip company should be able to do this, builders digging foundations can get through 2 or 3 skips a day.
  • Owain_Moneysaver
    Owain_Moneysaver Posts: 11,357 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Tom_Jones wrote: »
    Forgive me for being thick, but if you have a skip delivered in the morning and you fill it the same day then there won't be any room for fly tippers to dump their rubbish ?

They come along and tip their stuff on top of yours, taking the skip above the fill line, or contaminating the content with non-approved waste.

The other answer is hire a skip with a locked lid, and put a CCTV camera on it.
    A kind word lasts a minute, a skelped erse is sair for a day.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure