Noticed some changes? You can read all about the improvements we've made on the Forum in our latest announcement. We also have a new set of Forum rules so please take the time to give them a read and familiarise yourself.

Factory re set on s8

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
6 replies 770 views
aayushaayush Forumite
984 Posts
Ninth Anniversary 500 Posts
✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Techie Stuff
If i where to do the above on my phone would still be able to use in India as purchased in London as my last question used phone in London but now asking for password contacted network provider the say contact supplier

Replies

• JJ_EganJJ_Egan Forumite
    18.8K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Factory reset just restores the current firmware as stock .
    India well that is going to depend upon networks and how you expect to connect .
  • aayushaayush Forumite
    984 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    I just want to know if I did this would i be able to use sim in India as phone unlock and sim free but i had use a uk sim which i did and it locked to that network i did the same for other Samsung but no issues with that phone as took India network Sim right away so not sure why am getting this with S8
  • RumRatRumRat Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Take the UK sim out and then try the factory reset. The only password/PIN you should need is the one that you use to unlock your phone.
    You should have no problems using it in India.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
  • aayushaayush Forumite
    984 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Now been advised that i need to leave uk simn inthe phone for 1 week then try it
    it been stress full trip as the other pg\hone was fine but can not contact CEO at carphone ware or have email as my account as for my passoowrd and taken all chances to open
  • ExemplarExemplar Forumite
    1.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    RumRat wrote: »
    Take the UK sim out and then try the factory reset. The only password/PIN you should need is the one that you use to unlock your phone.
    You should have no problems using it in India.

I'm not sure that's entirely true (Mr President). Depending on the OS it may ask for the email account name and password that was used to set the phone up initially.

Happy to be wrong but Samsung are now getting more security aware.
    'Just because its on the internet don't believe it 100%'. Abraham Lincoln.

I have opinions, you have opinions. All of our opinions are valid whether they are based on fact or feeling. Respect other peoples opinions, stop forcing your opinions on other people and the world will be a happier place.
  • RumRatRumRat Forumite
    4.1K Posts
    Seventh Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Exemplar wrote: »
    I'm not sure that's entirely true (Mr President). Depending on the OS it may ask for the email account name and password that was used to set the phone up initially.

Happy to be wrong but Samsung are now getting more security aware.
    He should be able to get his Google details by asking for a password reset, if that is what he's lost. Then from his Google account (on a PC) wipe the password on the phone via 'Android Device Manager', set a new temp password and go from there.
    I must admit the details are a bit foggy as to what exactly is happening.
    To get into the phone you should only need Pin, pattern, Iris, face, or, fingerprint. So I'm assuming the pin/pattern is forgotten and he didn't set up the others.
    Anyway, as you say, if he's lost it all then a factory reset isn't straight forward, but can, apparently, be done.
    Anyway, it sounds as if he's used up his pin chances and is permanently locked out. So, the Google account may be the best option.
    Drinking Rum before 10am makes you
    A PIRATE
    Not an Alcoholic...!
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides

New plastic £50 note in circulation

Inventor and codebreaker Alan Turing is pictured

MSE News

TV MoneySaving tricks

How to save on Sky, Netflix, Now TV, Prime Video and more

MSE Guides

Pret subscription loophole