Promoters/Advertisers

Options
You know how they sometimes have companies promoting stuff at train stations and in busy town centres, like a couple of people with NIVEA t shirts on and handing out samples, and the same for GOODFELLAS pizzas etc etc.

Does anyone know how to get a job as one of them?

Comments

• BigEars_2
    BigEars_2 Posts: 147 Forumite
    Options
    You need to sign up with a direct marketing/promotions agency, and they call you when they have jobs in your area.

You get really cr*p ones at first (lots of leafleting) :( but then they give you the better ones once you've kind of proved yourself ie by not throwing lots of sickies (a big problem in this trade) :rolleyes:
    I've been doing it on and off for years and it is a good little earner, especially when you're a student,:j but DO be prepared for long hours on your feet, being pretty bored (but pretending that leaflets for Yellow Mobile Phones are the best thing you could give to each person that day) and getting pretty random grief off members of the public...
    Some things I've had yelled at me: Give us your number love (yeah right)
    I've already had a leaflet off that lad over there (oh yeah, oops, forgot to switch on my psychic brain today)
    I hate XXX product (and I don't care mate, take it or don't take it!)
    P*** off and leave me alone (boo hoo hoo)

A lot of blokes assume that because you're in the street and not allowed to punch them as you're working, they can molest you or be really really filthy to you (even if you're as ugly as me! :p ), so you have to be able to be assertive and know when to walk away - this is mostly a problem on night time jobs I think.

One of the best things is when you've become known as being reliable, hardworking etc, you get to do the sampling ones (lots of freebies to take home too! But don't let on, you're not supposed to! :D )
    I've even had a free digital camera and printer and various other things from long running campaigns.:T

There's never any need to pay an agency, just google them and check out their websites. I can't give any recommendations I'm afraid as I really cut down the amount I was doing a few years back, when I started working full time, but I remember Powergirls used to be ok.

Another agency I can recommend is Channel Advantage (lots of demo's for electrical/computer stuff - inside work, out of the rain!),

Hope this helps!
    BigEars x
  • bushbaby84
    Options
    N2O are a good promotions agency. I would like to work for them again but I'm banned now after I let them down at late notice!!
  • Browntoa
    Browntoa Posts: 49,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    found this

PART TIME DISTRIBUTION WORK
    =======================

If you are interested in becoming involved in the delivery of leaflets, directories or free newspapers please email by clicking HERE or call FREEPHONE 0800 0182 500
    then option 1 for leaflets / Free Newspapers or option 2 for Directories
    (Or leave a message outside working hours).
    IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE YOUR ADDRESS (WITH POSTCODE) AND TELEPHONE NUMBER.

http://www.linkdirect.co.uk/jobs.php
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    Options
    http://www.dbslimited.co.uk/jobs/teams/index.html

Leaflet Distribution Teams

We are currently looking for teams in the following areas:
    • Oxford
    • Carlisle
    • Aberdeen
    • Truro
    • Tunbridge Wells
    • Maidstone
    • York
    • Lancaster
    • Exeter
    Application Form Do you have what it takes to work in leaflet distribution? If you think you have the drive and enthusiasm, DBS Ltd would like to hear from you! More
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • Browntoa
    Options
    http://www.linkcommunication.co.uk/applicationForm/form2.html

HOW IT WORKS - You are not obliged to accept work from us. We contact you to find out if you are available (or you contact us with your availability) - and if you like the sound of the campaign on offer (i.e.: the wage payment, the type of activity, the hours, etc), then you can agree to execute it for us.
    WAGE PAYMENT - We pay all of our field staff on the last Friday of each month. This is paid directly into your bank account via BACS payments. Any work done after the last Friday of the month is carried over to the following month's wage run.
    DID I GET THE JOB? - Everyday we receive lots of applications, so sometimes it make take a while for us to process yours. Once we have, you will receive an email to let you know we have your details - and before you start work, we'll conduct a brief interview with you to ensure we are both on the same page.
    Ex forum ambassador

Long term forum member
  • PandaPants_2
    PandaPants_2 Posts: 1,978 Forumite
    Options
    CPM Marketing are good to work for, they send out text alerts and if you want the work you ring them. I did a long running promotion in Tesco a while back and i think i was getting something like £10 an hour plus bonuses.
    Undefeated Wii Fit ski jump champion!
    Vegas Junkie....

Festering_Plates' number one fan! :T
  • mimi1234
    mimi1234 Posts: 7,949 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    I didn't mean leaflets, sorry. I meant the people that give out free pens, mini deodorant cans, cans of coke etc. Does anyone know which companies do this? Thanks again people.
  • LilMissEmmylou
    Options
    going to print of the power girls application - hmm me thinks i might need to lose some baby weight to do this job though if they are wanting pictures etc
  • BigEars_2
    Options
    Mimi, I'm afraid you'll have to start with leaflets as the sampling jobs are really coveted so they go to girls who've 'proved themselves' so to speak - but I agree that the ads above look more like leaflet-through-the-door jobs than street-leafleting ones.
    Give N2O a ring, they are the agency I still occasionally do work for, they get a really good mix of leafleting and product sampling.
    Lil Miss Emmylou, I'm sure you'll be fine! Plus, it's head and shoulders so I just take a normal pic, crop all my fat bits off and make sure I'm a bit in shadow to hide the old double chin, ha ha
  • homeworkeruk
    Options
    Found the following on http://www.homeworkinguk.com/homework.htm Haven't tried it myself but it sounds like what you're looking for.

http://www.StuckForStaff.com is the online resource for people in the Promotions and Field Marketing industry. This one-stop shop offers contacts, advice, products, chat and events, and allows you to show your availability for work to all promotion and field marketing agencies in the UK !
      As a member, you will have access to
    • Industry news including job alerts
    • Essential info and practical advice, for work and pleasure
    • A directory of relevant services (from "getting to the job" to "managing your money")
    • A comprehensive directory of over 200 promotion and field-marketing agencies (including phone numbers, addresses and web-links)
    AVAILABLE FOR WORK?
    Post your current availability on the real-time database, which is searchable by ALL the promotion agencies! You can show when and where you are available over the next seven days each time you log on, so you can fill those last minute gaps or cancellations with work!
    HUSH LOUNGE
    You will also be able to access the exclusive Hush Lounge - a promo community where you and your promo-friends will find invites to events, holidays and parties, chat on our message board, or browse the fantastic offers and discounts specially selected for you!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.6K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.7K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.7K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.3K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure