MBNA Eligibility checker

edited 27 July 2018 at 6:30PM in Credit Cards
10 replies 2K views
MABLEMABLE Forumite
4K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts
✭✭✭✭
edited 27 July 2018 at 6:30PM in Credit Cards
I already have 2 MBNA cards with nil balances but wanted a zero percent one on purchases as my NW one finishes soon. I went onto the MBNA checker pre checker and confirmed I was pre approved for about four of their cards. I selected the one I thought would be best for me and went on to their Eligibility checker. It came back with good news I would be accepted for this card on the rate and term selected.
I then needed to press continue for the usual final checks which would include a hard search. However the system crashed and could not complete.

Today I tried again going through the whole process now its says I have only 50 percent chance of being accepted. Whether their system assumes I have already applied for that card I really do not know.

Not sure whether to leave for a few days and try again or just leave it and try elsewhere.

Replies

• john1002john1002 Forumite
    981 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    Ring them and see what they say, they can swap one of your existing cards with same limit etc and close that and open new one with your 0% offer, just did this myself a month ago.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

John
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Forumite
    0 Posts
    MoneySaving Newbie
    Ring them and explain - they may see you part-application stuck in the system still
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    john1002 wrote: »
    Ring them and see what they say, they can swap one of your existing cards with same limit etc and close that and open new one with your 0% offer, just did this myself a month ago.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.

John

I rang their customer service and they advise me to speak to new applications. I did this but the guy said I would need to apply for a new card and if accepted I could transfer the the cl to the new card.

They also could not find any details on yesterdays application. Did you have to apply for a new card or did they just agree over the phone.

Thanks
  • john1002john1002 Forumite
    981 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    No answer lied for a new card, I had 3 already but 2 I have not used for a year or so as offers were never that good, they did everything else in swapping and closing my highest limit card.

John
  • jonesMUFCforeverjonesMUFCforever Forumite
    28.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    john1002 wrote: »
    No answer lied for a new card, I had 3 already but 2 I have not used for a year or so as offers were never that good, they did everything else in swapping and closing my highest limit card.

John

Never a good idea to lie to get a card, :D
  • TheShapeTheShape Forumite
    1.8K Posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    Has MBNA got a suitable 0% purchases card?

The one listed on the main MSE site is a 28mth purchase offer but only on purchases made in the first 60 days.

I'd look on the MBNA website but it forces you to complete the eligibility checker before showing you the cards they're offering.

You may have to call them and let them know what you're after and see if you can get an offer on an existing card.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    Never a good idea to lie to get a card, :D

After reading Johns post again I am confused what he has lied about. They would know how many cards he had held with them or is it his income he lied to them about.
    28.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MABLE wrote: »
    After reading Johns post again I am confused what he has lied about. They would know how many cards he had held with them or is it his income he lied to them about.

I think its the curse of the predictive text..No answer I lied to get a new card-- I think he meant tried.
  • MABLEMABLE Forumite
    4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    UPDATE.

My dilemma has been solved. I have a Lloyds Bank avios card with a £15k limit and never use it. Lloyds agreed to transfer the credit limit to a Platinum card and have given me 0% on purchases for the next two years.
    28.9K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    MABLE wrote: »
    UPDATE.

My dilemma has been solved. I have a Lloyds Bank avios card with a £15k limit and never use it. Lloyds agreed to transfer the credit limit to a Platinum card and have given me 0% on purchases for the next two years.

Everybody will shortly be given new cards as their deal with AMEX has been discontinued - everybody will get replacement Mastercards.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides