ASOS account vanished but I paid for unlimited delivery

Options
Hi everyone, I'm getting frustrated with ASOS and need to know what I can do to progress the situation.

I've had an ASOS account for 8+ years now, made hundreds of orders, spent thousands of pounds, and for the last few years I've always paid £9.95 for a year's worth of unlimited next day delivery.

I went to place an order the other week and couldn't sign in, contacted ASOS, and they gave me solutions such as try different browsers, clear cookies etc, nothing worked. Password reset emails wouldn't come through either, so then I tried 'log in with Facebook' as the email addresses for both websites are the same and it worked, but it looks like it's actually set me up a brand new account, none of my details are in there and there's no information about my past orders, points, saved cards, addresses etc, it's literally a brand new account. So, where is my old one?

I had a £5 reward voucher earned through the A-list points reward points system, that's gone, my 600+ earned points have gone, all the orders I placed had gone, and obviously my Premier Delivery subscription has gone.

I've contacted ASOS and they've been absolutely useless. I explained these problems and they keep telling me I do have an active account, but they're seeing this new account that's been created and ignoring the fact that I'm telling them that it's not my original account. I sent them my last few order numbers, placed in June & May, so they could corroborate those orders with the account they were placed on, and then they started talking about how they were sorry I had problems with my order, so they're clearly not even reading my messages, they're just reeling off generic resolutions.

I asked for a phone number and was told if I gave them mine, someone would ring, but it's been two weeks and I've heard nothing. I've been in contact with them on Facebook and sent screenshots of previous orders which show I had free next day delivery, screenshots of my points balance emails, my voucher emails etc and they keep saying they can't help and they've forwarded it on to their technical team who will be in touch.

So, still no progress! I don't have any information on when I bought that subscription, I think it might have been august time, but I don't have the email confirming the subscription and I don't have the transaction because I can't remember which method was used to pay for it. I used to keep track of it entirely within my ASOS account. The only proof I seem to have is the order confirmation emails which show I regularly had free next day delivery, which is normally charged at £5.95.

I'm annoyed at the loss of voucher and points, but I can live without that, I just want to know the status of my Premier Delivery. I've paid for it but can't use it now. Where do I go from here?

Comments

• agrinnall
    agrinnall Posts: 23,344 Forumite
    First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Have you tried them on Twitter? Sometimes the immediacy of it can spur retailers into action.
  • Fosterdog
    Fosterdog Posts: 4,948 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Are you certain that you are using the correct email address to log in? Have you ever had a different one? If so it's worth trying them just to check. Also if you use a google email address try logging in under both variations gmail.com and googlemail.com they both go to the same inbox but third parties treat them as different email addresses (which they technically are)
  • stragglebod
    stragglebod Posts: 1,324 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    If you didn't login with Facebook before, then logging in with Facebook now will actually involve creating a new account.

You need to remove Asos from your Facebook account and figure out your original login details.
  • Mrs_Egg
    Mrs_Egg Posts: 253 Forumite
    First Post
    Options
    Have you checked your junk folder for the reset password emails?
    Comping twitter @mrsegg1
  • gmarie
    gmarie Posts: 20 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary
    Options
    It was 100% the right details, I saved them to my browser so never have to type them, and they hadn't been changed since I created my account years ago!

I did finally get an update from ASOS - my account was hacked, my details changed & a fraudulent order placed so they shut my account down for my security. Apparently. They never sent me any information explaining this, it was only after I badgered them with messages that they finally looked into it and told me this information. That itself is pretty bad, not telling a customer their account had been compromised.

They said I can make a new account and they'll transfer my subscription and points over. I've had a look in all my accounts and can't find no fraudulent orders, so I'm trying to work out what exactly has happened. ASOS didn't tell me anything other than that.
  • Labsuper
    Labsuper Posts: 266 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    They'll be reluctant to disclose very much as the the hacker might get the info.
  • takman
    takman Posts: 3,876 Forumite
    Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    gmarie wrote: »
    It was 100% the right details, I saved them to my browser so never have to type them, and they hadn't been changed since I created my account years ago!

I did finally get an update from ASOS - my account was hacked, my details changed & a fraudulent order placed so they shut my account down for my security. Apparently. They never sent me any information explaining this, it was only after I badgered them with messages that they finally looked into it and told me this information. That itself is pretty bad, not telling a customer their account had been compromised.

They said I can make a new account and they'll transfer my subscription and points over. I've had a look in all my accounts and can't find no fraudulent orders, so I'm trying to work out what exactly has happened. ASOS didn't tell me anything other than that.

It's very unlikely your account was actually "hacked" because this would mean their is a security flaw in ASOS sytemts and the hackers would target as many accounts as they can and it would be in the news.

What probably happened is you have somehow given out your password (maybe in a phishing attempt).
    So if you use the same password elsewhere (which is always a bad idea anyway) then make sure you change it on all your accounts on other websites so they don't also gain access to them.
  • Jo197
    Options
    omg I just created an account to reply to you and say this exact same thing happened to me!

I tried logging in and it said my password was incorrect when I have been with ASOS for years now, I contacted them and was told that my account can’t be found, I kept getting automated responses from customer services and I even sent proof of some of my purchases and my old account. The most annoying thing of all is the fact that I had premier delivery too and I don’t know what to do to get it back!
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Jo197 wrote: »
    omg I just created an account to reply to you
    This thread was created in July 2018, so I think your response will fall on deaf ears as far as the original poster is concerned.
  • DoaM
    DoaM Posts: 11,863 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    Options
    Last activity 5th Jan 2019 though (for the OP), so OP might see it, especially if Jo197 sends them a PM.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure