IMPORTANT REMINDER: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information. If you are uploading images, please take extra care that you have redacted all personal information.

Discrimination against disabled

2»

Replies

• edited 25 July 2018 at 10:31PM
    RedxRedx Forumite
    38.1K Posts
    Eighth Anniversary 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    edited 25 July 2018 at 10:31PM
    I warned ASDA head office in Leeds (by complaining on their website about the new PPC changes in my local store) that if my VRM receives a PCN and it isnt cancelled that I would be sending them an LBC and then an MCOL under the EA2010 due to discrimination , especially if they could not furnish me with details of what they are doing to make "reasonable adjustments" for me under the EA2010

I also informed them that I have a recognised disability called A.S. and have done so for decades and so I definitely qualify under the EA2010 , regardless of if I have a BB or not, so can use their "disabled bays" under said law - regardless (contractual terms cannot override the law)

they did ask for proof and as I actually have a BB I emailed a scan, they have since told me that my vehicle will NEVER receive a PCN on their car parks because they added it to their "whitelist"

bear in mind that I did not even have a PCN at that time , but my EA2010 warning was certainly noted and action taken by them to head me off at the pass

the EA2010 frightens most landowners , so I got in early so they could not say they were not aware. I have all this in writing after raising a complaint with reference on their website

the moral of the story ? go for the jugular of the landowner themselves , talk to the organ grinder , not the cappuchin
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad
    106.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    Forumite
    Search the forum for Premier POPLA lost and read all the other threads ignoring them.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Thank you everyone thats helped me so much, I will prepare my letters and gather my evidence, will update as soon as I have more news
This discussion has been closed.
Latest News and Guides