US ($) Currency Thread 1 (closed - use thread 2)

Options

Comments

• inspector_monkfish
    Options
    Me too!
    :T :j:T

don't tell stoneman and crabman (same man...hmmm??)
    they will grass you up....

1.5240 trading
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • Keith99
    Keith99 Posts: 761 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    don't tell stoneman and crabman (same man...hmmm??)
    they will grass you up....

1.5240 trading

Can we cut the chat out, just updates!:rotfl:
  • Wirral_Girl
    Wirral_Girl Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    I've been a lurker here for some months now as I am going to New York in September and usually buy my dollars well in advance.

I check the board several times a day for the rate and your comments do bring a smile to my face, keep up the good work. :D

Kim
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    I've been a lurker here for some months now as I am going to New York in September and usually buy my dollars well in advance.

I check the board several times a day for the rate and your comments do bring a smile to my face, keep up the good work. :D

Kim

thanks Kim
    :iloveyou:

can I come?
    Please take the time to have a look around my Daughter's website www.daisypalmertrust.co.uk
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.5170 trading
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.5190 trading

12:13 15May09 MARKET TALK: GBP/USD Downside Risks Grow Below 1.5130 - RBS

1213 BST GBP/USD's May price action remains locked in a steep uptrend with parameters of 1.5150 and 1.5350 notes RBS. However the rate is under pressure Friday and the bank says a break below 1.5130 could well trigger a big figure slide toward the 1.4820-1.4763 area. For now the bank sticks with a neutral outlook on the rate until the aforementioned range is decisively breached. GBP/USD now at 1.5175 from the day's low of 1.5136. (GST)
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    1.5250 trading

13:55 15May09 GBP/USD: Recovery Envelope Pushed After US Inflation Data

[12:54 GBP/USD: Recovery Envelope Pushed After US Inflation Data] London, May 15.

Cable has pushed its recovery envelope from an intra-day low of 1.5135 to highs within a tenth-of-a-cent of 1.5245 since the 12:30GMT disclosure of US inflation figures. Headline CPI came in flat on the month, down 0.7% y/y. Core CPI came in up 0.3%, up 1.9% y/y.

1.5245 was today"s Asian session top, which was revisited during the London morning (after GBP/USD firmed off an early Europe low of 1.5180). Buy stops reportedly reside above 1.5250 (1.5249 was yesterday"s peak).

US TIC data will be unveiled at 13:00GMT, with US April industrial production and capacity utilization numbers ensuing at 13:15GMT, before May"s 13:55GMT preliminary Michigan sentiment index.
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
  • Wirral_Girl
    Wirral_Girl Posts: 136 Forumite
    Options
    Oh my goodness, has everybody had a long lunch today?

Just wondered what the markets are doing this afternoon? :rolleyes:

Kim
  • neilbond007
    neilbond007 Posts: 2,111 Forumite
    edited 15 May 2009 at 5:23PM
    Options
    Oh my goodness, has everybody had a long lunch today?

Just wondered what the markets are doing this afternoon? :rolleyes:

Kim
    15:55 15May09 GBP/USD: LLL cause rate to flatline

[14:54 GBP/USD: After morning Gains cable has flatlined due to LLL (long liquid lunch) syndrome

Cable has pushed its recovery envelope from an intra-day low of 1.5135 to highs within a tenth-of-a-cent of 1.5245 since the 12:30GMT disclosure of US inflation figures. Once hearing this figure everyone decided to go to lunch. With it being a beautiful day, well it is in Cincinnati anyway, they decided to stop out for an extra hour or 3.
    Trading is expected to be erratic in the afternoon session with shouts of "Come here.. you're my mate you are" and "oh yeah.. wodid you shay?" heard as the masses returned from their long, liquid lunches.
    Prices for Pimms and poncy southern lager are expected to sky rocket however due to increased demand.

1. Yes, I'm bored :)
    2. Rate seems to be doing very little this arfternoon (or morning if you're in my parts). Stuck around 1.5250

EDIT - We must be due for our Friday afternoon gains... they seem to have become a tradition!
  • inspector_monkfish
    Options
    pretty buoyant

trading at 1.5250
    been around that level for last couple of hours
    nice way to end the week
    (MSE Andrea says ok!)
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family