Short term home insurance?

Hi all,

My home insurance is due to expire at the beginning of August. There is also a strong possibility that I will be moving house in the near future. Are there any companies that do a short term or rolling policy?

The issue I have is my current provider will charge me pretty much half the yearly premium to cancel the insurance. I can't transfer the insurance as for the prospective property their online quote is circa £300 more than the cheapest.

Just wondered if anyone had any suggestions?



  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.9K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    Try other companies where the premium now maybe a little dearer but their admin fees maybe lower and less of an increase on the next property.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...

  • BlondetottyBlondetotty Forumite
    256 Posts
    Part of the Furniture 100 Posts
    Try Ageas Elastic. They do a rolling month to month policy, no minimum term. You cover keeps rolling with no renewal increases (assuming no claims I believe) month to month with the flexibility to cancel at anytime with no charges.

    They're based in the UK with UK call centers too. I used to work for them a few years ago and would recommend.
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides