Forum Home» Insurance & Life Assurance

Car Insurance for Second Job As a courier

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Car Insurance for Second Job As a courier

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 839 views
mailsmsimailsmsi Forumite
89 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
I am thinking to take a second job to earn some extra .
I am exploring some of the option. One is doing some fast food delivery . If I want to use my car what insurance is the best?

On online comparison site , The cheapest insurance comes Complete Car Extra+ ,Acron,insure the box.

Any suggestion please?

Do I need any other insurance ?

Many thanks

Replies

• mailsmsimailsmsi Forumite
    89 posts
    Any help please?

I spoke cooperative insurance .They support only hot food delivery.

And Acorn insurance support any delivery job.
  • ZorilloZorillo Forumite
    766 posts
    500 Posts Second Anniversary Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭
    Fast food delivery is not an attractive trade to the insurance industry due to the high accident frequency, so the market will be fairly limited. It looks as though you already have options, but you could also deal with a broker. Google Fast avoid Delivery Insurance, there are options.

Beware of describing yourself as a courier if it's only food you're carrying. The insurer may take issue in the event of a claim.

You might also consider public liability insurance for any damage caused when you're outside of the car.