IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

parking charge - at county court defence stage

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    The original was from PCL
    And was the Notice to Keeper a POFA compliant one in wording and deadline? You have the POFA in the NEWBIES thread or can Google it to read Schedule 4 of the Act for yourself - it is in EASY to read, bullet points.

If the PPC are a small one with a non POFA PCN, in this case I disagree with bargepole and as with most BW Legal cases, I would include the stuff about 'no keeper liability' for this PPC, if the NTK is non-POFA.

I agree not to hide behind it v ParkingEye or UKPC, or others who use the POFA, but with a small PPC, check the NTK against para 8 or 9 or the POFA and keep 'no keeper liability' in.

It won for Lamilad v Excel, and has won lots of non-POFA cases where a Judge doesn't ask who was driving.

Which is your local court you will be choosing in your DQ (next document )?
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mbaxter123
    Options
    Ive deleted the POFA bit. I really cant find the NTK. So is ot better to post this off or to fill in the online form. I did AOS online.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,426 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Don't send your defence via the MCOL online form as it will make a total mess of all formatting.

You do it via an attachment to an email, converting your document to a pdf file, print it, sign it, then scan it to enable you to send a signed electronic copy.

Check the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 for full instructions on how to submit your defence.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,344 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Umkomaas wrote: »
    Check the NEWBIES FAQ sticky, post #2 for full instructions on how to submit your defence.
    OR check out this link to a post by KeithP with a very succinct method of submitting defences. OBVIOUSLY, the dates refer to another poster's case NOT yours.
  • mbaxter123
    Options
    Ok defence sent! Lets see what happens XD
  • mbaxter123
    Options
    So they have received my defence. I have received now a 'small claim direction questionnaire' correct me if im wrong but i think i need to say no i want a court hearing?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mbaxter123 wrote: »
    So they have received my defence. I have received now a 'small claim direction questionnaire' correct me if im wrong but i think i need to say no i want a court hearing?
    Reading between the lines I'm guessing that DQ is from the Claimant's solicitor.

As you know, you can expect a DQ from the County Court Business Centre, and full details exactly how to answer every question on it are available in Bargepole's walkthrough linked from post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread.
  • Redx
    Redx Posts: 38,084 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    your "must do" is to ALWAYS read that post #2 of the NEWBIES FAQ sticky thread and especially the bargepole post or posts , that way you know what is coming and are prepared for it , otherwise all we will do is point you back at that thread and link and post or posts

whan you said earlier "lets see what happens", it was obvious "what happens next" because BARGEPOLE wrote that timeline of events 2 years ago and it hasnt changed apart from emailing has taken over from sending off the defence etc

read this thread that has gone from start to finish with CEL involved, see all their mistakes and assumptions and its all pointed out in basic terms so that KAY ended up doing the right things and winning her case

https://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5650838

if you read it and follow the progress (like I have just done) you can see all the stages
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,244 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    mbaxter123 wrote: »

Gladstones tactic is covered in the NEWBIES thread in detail, no need for any poster to ask.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • mbaxter123
    Options
    I finally found the info on the N180 form. I have filled it in and will copy it tomorrow at work. Then post out.

Just looking at their form. They have put TBC in the witness box? Surely this cannot be allowed.

Thanks guys
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport