PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

Could someone decipher this email please.

Options

Comments

• ThePants999
    ThePants999 Posts: 1,748 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    AFF8879 wrote: »
    Also, as an aside I would probably remove the full name of the individual corresponding with your sister :)
    Salespeople are rarely unhappy about having their name publicised!
  • YoungBlueEyes
    YoungBlueEyes Posts: 4,086 Forumite
    First Anniversary Homepage Hero Photogenic First Post
    Options
    I've edited her name out, I missed it when I was taking out the other personal details first time round.

Re the reservation line - I took that as it'll cost my sis £250 to get house A taken off the market. I've read on here that that happens, but I wouldn't be happy paying it.

I'm not buying another house just yet, but I don't see why that should be "tied in" if I was.

I also don't like the 28 day/indefinite part, who knows what's going to come up? We've had a little pause in our house sale - the people who are buying ours are getting a mortgage, the mortgage co had a question about the guys wages, the woman who does his wages was on holiday for 2 weeks so we've all been held up. 28 days doesn't allow for that!

I don't think doing a normal exchange + completion would be an issue - the EA's have said house A people will move in with family if needs be.
    It is unsafe for travellers to rely on St Christopher any more: he lost his sainthood in 1969.
  • thelem
    thelem Posts: 774 Forumite
    Options
    It has been mentioned by the EA (our house and house A are on with same agent), that house A people would move in with family if sis wanted in before they could get in to house B.

That sounds like estate agent bull to me, trying to get your sister far enough down the process that she doesn't want to back out and would rather wait the three months (or whatever) that the new build has been delayed by.

If they are really serious about that, then they should split the transaction now, so your buys House A directly from the current residents, and they buy House B whenever it happens to be ready.
    Note: Unless otherwise stated, my property related posts refer to England & Wales. Please make sure you state if you are discussing Scotland or elsewhere as laws differ.
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    thelem - Isn't it too late to do that, they've already part ex'd....
    It is unsafe for travellers to rely on St Christopher any more: he lost his sainthood in 1969.
  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Isn't it too late to do that, they've already part ex'd....

They can still do a two part exchange/ complete. Aim for the first completion (sisters) to be say a week or so after the new house is planned to be ready. If that works out, the two can then happen simultaneously by setting the new build to the same date.

If the new house is later than that, then the family have to move elsewhere temporarily as the EA has said.

However, you often see that here. If i had a penny for every time someone said they'd move into rented/with family ,and then renege, I'd have about £2.53 :D
  • YoungBlueEyes
    Options
    Thanks AnotherJoe. I don't know if that would work for us time-wise, we're pootling along nicely with our sale (should be exchanging soon) while their new build is months away. If they're moving to the estate on the outskirts of town it truly will be months and months cos it's only half built!

I think they'll move out so sis can move in when she wants to though, their house has been on the market a long while and the price has come down a good bit. Perhaps they'll do the necessary to keep my sis on board rather than start again.

Time will tell :)
  • AnotherJoe
    Options
    Thanks AnotherJoe. I don't know if that would work for us time-wise, we're pootling along nicely with our sale (should be exchanging soon) while their new build is months away. If they're moving to the estate on the outskirts of town it truly will be months and months cos it's only half built!

I think they'll move out so sis can move in when she wants to though, their house has been on the market a long while and the price has come down a good bit. Perhaps they'll do the necessary to keep my sis on board rather than start again.

Time will tell :)

Thats completely at odds with the email. My emphasis with underlining.

As discussed, your offer is accepted subject to a 28 day exchange and completion anticipated September / October 2018. Please note that if the new build is not ready you will be asked to exchange contracts with completion on notice,
  • YoungBlueEyes
    edited 18 July 2018 at 6:36PM
    Options
    Update - so the house A people don't want to move out and the developers aren't playing ball. Sis emailed them saying she wants normal exchange and completion, her own solic etc, they said nope. She said let me think about it and get back to you.

So is this hard ball or brick wall? Has anyone dealt with The New Homes Group before?

Edit - AnotherJoe - they did say they'd move in with family but that's off the table now, no reason given.
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Walk away.
  • AnotherJoe
    edited 18 July 2018 at 7:05PM
    Options
    they did say they'd move in with family but that's off the table now, now reason given

There you go, £2.54 :D. They don!'t have any need to give a reason it's the developers problem now, the original owners gain nothing at all by moving out before completion on the new house. Seems to me The builder has snookered themselves and is stuck with "sitting tenants" hence having to set these conditions. I think you or sis (I'm getting confused now) will have to forget this one.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.6K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.5K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure