IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

Defence Systems (Park Watch) PCN

Options

Comments

• The_Slithy_Tove
    Options
    Advent123 wrote: »
    Can someone please advise if my appeal should be the usual....signage.....land ownership etc or could I just base it on the fact that the driver never stopped and didn't park. POFA is only concerned with parking?
    POFA (or lack of it) merely means they can't pin this on the keeper. This is why you must not admit at any point who the driver was. They can only go after the driver, and if they don't know who it was ...

So, as well as no keeper liability, you go on the usual signage (as stated, impossible to read, forbidding, etc.) and so on.

But start off with the standard pro-forma appeal from the NEWBIES thread.
  • Le_Kirk
    Le_Kirk Posts: 22,322 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Photogenic Name Dropper
    Options
    Here is your link, checked and made live. I can read this one.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,817 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Remove #4 which is repeated by the better template you used in #6.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Advent123
    Advent123 Posts: 6 Forumite
    edited 6 August 2018 at 12:09PM
    Options
    I've just recieved a reply to my evidence from Parkwatch. I dont think I need to respond to this unless anyone thinks otherwise. It clearly shows that the signage is innadequate to be read whilst driving around a roundabout. It still is discussing a parking fine, when I never parked. Point 5 of the customer Licence Agreement states....a parking charge may only be issued to a vehicle which parks in contravention......etc. It also doesnt detail the period of which I was parked as per POFA guidelines as I didnt park. What are these companies going to do next.......put a ticket on your car for driving slowly round a roundabout !!
    Link below.

hxxps://drive.google.com/file/d/1ydc_ckKxhMY2XTs0CrjRPm6RwtFH7wwW/view?usp=sharing
  • The_Deep
    The_Deep Posts: 16,830 Forumite
    Options
    If they took this to court they might struggle, but on the bright side, you might be able to claim punitive damages for unreasonable behaviour and/or counter claim for a DPA breach. Every cloud ...
    You never know how far you can go until you go too far.
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Personally I would point out the obvious to POPLA. Some of their assessors aren't the brightest.
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    Options
    Same. Anything you DONT disagree with, POPLa assumes you AGREE with.

So point out

1) they have no authority to issue charges for people htat havenyt parked, see...
    2) The signage cannot be read
    3) they cannot commence a contratc without adequate notice, those signs cannot be read while driving
  • Advent123
    Options
    Hi all,

its taken some time but I've eventually had a decision from POPLA. Not good news as they have declined the appeal.

The letter is attached.

hxxps://docs.google.com/document/d/1HaYcmxcol7CKjG-A4p4DN2-B7cLs1E-jW8vppmwjqcA/edit?usp=sharing

Any ideas what to do next or do I give in and pay the fine??
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    Options
    The actual odds of them going to court look pretty low http://www.parkingappeals.info/companydata/Defence_Systems.html

Personally I would tough out the debt collectors letters and see if they do put a claim in.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure