2 PPI policies for the same mortgage

Options
Can anyone advise on the following circumstances.

I took out a mortgage in my name only back in 1996 & also had a PPI policy in my name only.
A few years later i added my then partners name onto the mortgage ( PPI was still only in my name )
In 2004 we split up & i had the mortgage & deeds transferred back into my sole name & as a result took out a new PPI policy. ( the first one was then stopped )
I have just made a Plevin claim for the policy from 2004 but want to know if i can make a second claim for the previous policy from 1996.
I have documents from 2004 but nothing previous.
Any advice would be appreciated

Comments

• dunstonh
    dunstonh Posts: 116,604 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    I have just made a Plevin claim for the policy from 2004 but want to know if i can make a second claim for the previous policy from 1996.

No. You needed to be paying the premiums in 2008 or after to be able to do that.
    I am an Independent Financial Adviser (IFA). The comments I make are just my opinion and are for discussion purposes only. They are not financial advice and you should not treat them as such. If you feel an area discussed may be relevant to you, then please seek advice from an Independent Financial Adviser local to you.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.9K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family
  • 248.4K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure