IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

pcn

Options

Comments

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,247 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 15 July 2018 at 9:00PM
    Options
    We are not saying to pay it, BTW.
    I would have hoped the there would have been some legs in Unfair and punative charges were £100 for an alleged breach of contract of less than 10 minutes in A FREE CAR PARK.
    WRONG, that is NOT the defence route to take, but we do see wins 99% of the time. You appear to have missed the fact the Beavis case was also all about A FREE CAR PARK!

Anyway you will have this cancelled by the landowner, have you done that email yet? Clearly that's always the 'Plan A' to cancel any fake PCN and ratechaser told you who he/she contacted.

Never mind the site boundary, stop chasing ghosts and COMPLAIN.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • ratechaser
    ratechaser Posts: 1,674 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    We are not saying to pay it, BTW.

WRONG, that is NOT the defence route to take, but we do see wins 99% of the time. You appear to have missed the fact the Beavis case was also all about A FREE CAR PARK!

Anyway you will have this cancelled by the landowner, have you done that email yet? Clearly that's always the 'Plan A' to cancel any fake PCN and ratechaser told you who he/she contacted.

Never mind the site boundary, stop chasing ghosts and COMPLAIN.

'He' dear lady, definitely 'he' :p

And yes, appreciate that Ibbotson is a bit old, but has there actually been another 'left site' case since? Would be interested to know if so...

And to the OPs question, no, definitely nothing that demarcates the site. Almost like they'd rather make money rather than help you abide by their Ts & Cs. Perish the thought ;)
  • mondiniho
    mondiniho Posts: 6 Forumite
    Options
    would you supplement the newbies post with regards to the lack of demarcation of site boundary - how can the driver have supposedly breached a contract when there is no explicit marking of the boundary.
  • beamerguy
    beamerguy Posts: 17,587 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    mondiniho

You are the second this weekend to report this
    utter rubbish by UKPC

"LEAVING SITE" ????

And you say they have not provided pictures of
    the person doing this "terrible deed" ??

You do know that UKPC is a fraudulent company
    as it hit the national press that they were faking
    pictures ???

UKPC need to prove that statement.

It them poses the question ... is the warden a predator,
    we already know that UKPC wardens hide behind
    wheelie bins to capture their prey

Proof of what the warden claims is paramount and
    certainly a case of getting the warden in court ,
    even county court judges can request a person
    takes an oath
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    mondiniho wrote: »
    would you supplement the newbies post with regards to the lack of demarcation of site boundary - how can the driver have supposedly breached a contract when there is no explicit marking of the boundary.

Send the template exactly as it is from The Keeper. Save everything else for PoPLA.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
  • mondiniho
    Options
    I appealed using the NEWBIE template regarding a left site PCN - although I'm afraid I did it at day 14 - rather than 26 - my nerve didn't hold out,, and got an email from UKPC requesting that
    In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please provide evidence of use of the onsite facilities to
    our Appeals Department within fourteen days of the date of this letter.
    Further correspondence may be sent by submitting another appeal on our website at **url removed**, or
    by post to the address overleaf. Please ensure that if sending evidence by post that you include the parking charge
    reference number and vehicle registration.
    Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on the
    previous information received.

I have not said anything in the appeal about the usage of onsite facilities - though I do have a receipt as I did use a restaurant on site during the visit,

Is this just a leading letter to get the driver/keeper to accept responsibility. There is not anything in the letter about this element?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    mondiniho wrote: »
    Is this just a leading letter to get the driver/keeper to accept responsibility.
    That's all it is. Ignore it.

Wait patiently for your PoPLA code.
  • mondiniho
    Options
    not doubting what you are suggesting, but I've noted that other such letters to other appellants asking for more info are usually more detailed then what I received, usually refuting what the appeal is based upon,
    Thank you for your recent correspondence in relation to the above parking charge.
    In order to make a final decision regarding your appeal, please provide evidence of use of the onsite facilities to our Appeals Department within fourteen days of the date of this letter.
    Further correspondence may be sent by submitting another appeal on our website at xxxxx or
    by post to the address overleaf. Please ensure that if sending evidence by post that you include the parking charge reference number and vehicle registration.
    Failure to provide this information will give us no alternative other than to make our final decision based on theprevious information received. At this stage a POPLA verification code will be provided.
    The parking charge has been on hold whilst under appeal and may be settled in full at the reduced rate of £60.

So it would seem that UKPC are becoming lazy with their letters!

There's nothing on the receipt which indicates the name of the keeper nor the driver, but does include the date and time, so they couldn't use that as contrary evidence.

I was thinking about to sending the evidence in response the letter with further re-affirmation that "There will be no admissions as to who was driving and no assumptions can be drawn, nor was there an agreed contract', That as the keeper, I have also complained to the landlords about the matter. I was also going to request evidence of the driver leaving site as based on the information on their website, this evidence has not been provided.

How long would I have to wait for that PoPLA code?
  • KeithP
    KeithP Posts: 37,759 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    They are hoping that you will want to provide the information requested.

They are also hoping that whilst doing so you inadvertently tell them who was driving.

Like "here is a copy of the driver's bank statement" - which includes the name of the keeper.

Best to do nothing at this stage.

They allow themselves 35 days to respond to an initial appeal.
    Read about it in the BPA's CoP.
  • Fruitcake
    Fruitcake Posts: 58,313 Forumite
    Name Dropper Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Do nothing until you get a PoPLA code. This should arrive by day 35. If it hasn't arrived by say, day 38, complain to the DVLA and BPA that you haven't received said code and thus you are being denied access to ADR which is yours by right.

If they respond with a PoPLA code, then use ALL the template appeal pints from post 3 of the NEWBIES that are relevant, plus do a forum search for "leaving site to supplement your appeal.
    I married my cousin. I had to...
    I don't have a sister. :D
    All my screwdrivers are cordless.
    "You're Safety Is My Primary Concern Dear" - Laks
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business