disputed accident

Hi..I have this issue with my car insurance company: I had a accident in January and aldo was very clear that I was not at fault the other driver sad that I am at fault so this accident is disputed. Now my insurance company agree with me based on my evidence but they say that the insurance company of other driver does not answer to their questions and I need to wait. My insurance is due to renewal in August so I need this solved ASAP. Is any law that force them to solve a case of dispudet accident in a certain time?

Replies

• QuentinQuentin Forumite
    40.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Resolving liability between insurers is a long business

No law to help you

You will have to be patient

But do keep nudging your insurer to get this resolved.
  • trinidadonetrinidadone Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    As mentioned above, insurance companies dont rush these things, and given that the other company is not playing ball, dont be surprise this is not resolved at the end of the year, or even in 2k19??

if your insurance ends next month, just renew as you do, and wait for a response, giving a nudge from time to time with your current company. Good luck, and try not to worry too much
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
  • anniecaveanniecave Forumite
    2.4K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    if your insurance ends next month, just renew as you do, and wait for a response, giving a nudge from time to time with your current company. Good luck, and try not to worry too much
    You don't have to renew with your current provider. If you use a comparison site there should be questions such as Is the claim settled? You have an unsettled claim, but you would just give the details of the claim. Then when the claim does get settled, if you have moved to a new insurer, you would need to let them know.
    Indecision is the key to flexibility :)
  • trinidadonetrinidadone Forumite
    3.3K Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    anniecave wrote: »
    You don't have to renew with your current provider. If you use a comparison site there should be questions such as Is the claim settled? You have an unsettled claim, but you would just give the details of the claim. Then when the claim does get settled, if you have moved to a new insurer, you would need to let them know.

Yep, and once you do tell the new provider, watch the insurance increase. Might not be your fault, but you would now be viewed as a increase "risk"
    Trinidad - The hottest place to go
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides