PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 13th July 2018

Options
124»

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Hi chums and <hugs to those in need >, as much as I like the sun , even though I can't sit out in it being fair skinned, I too am looking for a bit of rain just to freshen things up a bit .

its very warm here in Kent at the moment and I have the sitting room curtains closed ,but the windows open to let in hopefully a through draft, but its just not happening at all.

My back lawn looks like the Oklahoma dust bowl :) and although I throw waste water from the washing up bowl at it its still dry as a bone. Even the weeds are wilting at the moment :)

Still no doubt when it does eventually rain (and it will) the grass will turn back to green instead of a horrible yellow/brown.

Just trying to think what to have for dinner tonight ,probably salad as its far too hot to cook. I think I will have a tuna and sweetcorn with mayo as well then I can have any left overs for lunch tomorrow.

I am out to dinner at DDs tomorrow night as its the 15th anniversary of losing my late OH and we always have a big family get together and meal and natter about his daft ways and the fun we had with him.

Its not a sad occasion but a happy one to remember a person who spent most of his life making us all happy. He worked in the Sudan in the 1980s on contract and adored the sunny weather he would have loved this hot spell.

Right time for a cuppa I think, hope everyone is keeping hydrated with lots of water /tea etc

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • LameWolf
    LameWolf Posts: 11,234 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Still no rain here. I managed to water the parched desert that is the front garden this morning by decanting the bath water into the watering can using a 1-pint jug. Managed to get 6 cans-full out there before nearly collapsing from exhaustion (and feeling like I needed another bath).

I'm barely sleeping at night at all now; why is it that 03:00 is the worst time for restrospection?

Trying to carry on as normal though; despite bad brainfog. Not a lot else one can do, eh?
    If your dog thinks you're the best, don't seek a second opinion.;)
  • TravellingAbuela
    Options
    Hallelujah we just had monsoon like torrential rain for about 3 minutes and now it's settled into a steady fall. This should give the gardens a much needed soaking. Fortunately no thunder and lightening! I was stood at the window watching it like I had never seen rain before!!

LAMEWOLF I hope you manage to sleep better tonight. My worry wake up call is always about 03.30 - 04.00 too.
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Hallelujah we just had monsoon like torrential rain for about 3 minutes and now it's settled into a steady fall. This should give the gardens a much needed soaking. Fortunately no thunder and lightening! I was stood at the window watching it like I had never seen rain before!!

LAMEWOLF I hope you manage to sleep better tonight. My worry wake up call is always about 03.30 - 04.00 too.
    We had rain too. A fair downpour but was badly needed. The air is so much fresher now.

I usually wake at around 4am takes me ages to get settled again.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure