PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Friday 13th July 2018

Options

Comments

• silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,005 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning friends

Thank you for starting us off Holly

Dumpling
    hugs

Bellabella and TA thinking of you

Gers pleased your Mum is home

Went to see mother yesterday, not sure why I bother. Seems I should 'sort myself out' ?? My hair needs colour, I've been grey / white for twenty years !! She asked if DH had retired, I said he had and her reply, that's right you know everything. Oh and I should wear a necklace, not sure why.

Still no rain, the lawn is dust, trying to keep veg, fruit and salad alive in the garden but I'm finding it hard work, water butts are dry.

Hope you all have a good day
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • camelot1001
    camelot1001 Posts: 6,008 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning All

Brightening up nicely here, the builders have just arrived to demolish the conservatory, hope it's not too hot for them. I offered the conservatory free on Gumtree on Tuesday, someone got back to me this morning asking for it so will have to ask them to take it down, carefully! Just hope this chap turns up tonight.

I'm going to leave the builders to it and go and paint DD's shower room (on the house they're leaving), they should have been moving today but the buyer hasn't got their mortgage sorted out yet - very frustrating.

Glad DM is home Gers, hope she had a good night.
    Hope you get some help from the OT TA.
    Hugs Dumpling, life can be so overwhelming at times.

Right, off to make the builders their first cup of tea! Have a happy Friday, take care. XX
  • System
    System Posts: 178,094 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Bit cooler today I think. Grump is spending the day repairing the fenced gates at the bottom of the garden. They are held upright by a scaffolding pole as the wood has rotted away. He's been promising to do it for months. If he didn't have to get the vehicles out the garden just a straight fence would be adequate but he does so it's going to be a heavy job.

I've got a pile of laundry to do and the floors need a good clean.
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,638 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

Cloudy here at the moment but for once I’m not wishing for rain as we are off to the races for the day :j both DSS’s are coming together with the youngest’s gf so should be good fun. It’s a day we have to budget for as food and drink is expensive but what the heck, we don’t go mad and fingers crossed we’ll get some winners and finish the day up!

In other news I have ordered a herbal supplement for Lady Lu, it has valerian and chamomile in it for a calming effect, she can be so stressy at times so hopefully it will help. Cob types also tend to mature at a slower rate than other horses and she is still young at just 6.

How worrying about your GD’s neck Judi think getting a doctor to look at it is a good idea.
    Hugs to all with worries and cares, you are all doing great in the face of some pretty tough times x

Have a great day folks x
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    Options
    Good Morning chums and a very restless night here I kept waking up almost every hour for no apparent reason,I just think its a bit to humid and muggy and we need a bit of rain to freshen the air a bit Hopefully according to the weather today will be a bit cooler but heating up again over the weekend.
    Youngest DD has a rotten summer cold so couldn't go to see DGGD yesterday which made her quite sad.The baby Erin is coming on beautifully, and has learned to roll over and beams at her cleverness and giggles :):) DGD sent us both a video.

Its Friday so its history this afternoon which will mean coffee and HM cake as well :) My son-in-laws birthday today so I must drop his card through the letter box they are away at their caravan for a week so won't be back until Sunday.

Hope everyone is well and not too exhausted with the heat

kettle is calling me :)

Cheers chums

JackieO xx
  • Floss
    Floss Posts: 8,251 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Photogenic
    Options
    Well it's been gently raining since the early hours in my bit of Lancashire, so it is lovely & fresh today. Not sure how widespread it is though, and probably not enough for moorland dousing.
    2021 Decluttering Awards: ⭐⭐🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇🥇 2022 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
    2023 Decluttering Awards: 🥇 🏅🏅🥇
    2024 Decluttering Awards: 🥇
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly, hugs to all those in need.
    I have washing in Ds's machine, I've fed the cats and had cuddles. I'm now waiting for the machine to finish and then I'll go home.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Dumpling you are a very caring person, I really hope things work out for you and Lee.

Judi - the nursery should be reported, does not matter who or what did it, no child should have marks on their neck.

Gers - pleased your Mum is home, hope the medication works for her, the fit bit was a good idea, she needs to continue to wear it. she can show it to her GP when they call it will give them an idea of whats happening day to day. glad she is getting some aids to help her in the house.

Mrs TA - the nurse was really on the ball and hopefully things will improve a bit especially if the OT gets involved as well. Do you have a local volunteering group, they might be able to help with someone to sit with your husband whilst you are out, We had someone who came when OH came out of hospital 2 years ago, it allowed me to continue running the quilting group on a Thursday afternoon, I did not have to worry that he might fall when I was out.

So many people with problems just now, mine are insignificant in comparison.

We enjoyed a visit to our friends yesterday, plenty of laughs and chat, we had a late supper, OH finished off the baked beans with a poaches egg on to and I had an egg, a round of toast each was enough.

Its a much cooler morning here, it may brighten up later as it has done for the last few days, I want to start stitching the little girls down on the blocks, I plan to do all the bonnets and arms first as they are self coloured, either pink or light purple, makes sense to do all the same coloured bits at the same time.

OH is off to pick gooseberries, I still have to bag up the rasps I froze, we have had a very good harvest of fruit so far. The only thing that has not fruited is the apple tree, we had a late frost and it killed the flowers, so no apples this year.

Fish, chips and peas tonight, possibly rasps for dessert if there are any to pick.
  • snoozer
    snoozer Posts: 3,586 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    dumpling, I'm sorry you're having such a hard time at the moment, I enjoy your posts but you're right t concentrate on yourself when you need to.

Sending healing vibes for Mr TA, Mr LW, Gers mum and anyone else who needs them.

Silver-oldie, I'm sorry your mother is so difficult, it must be very upsetting that you don't even have he support.

We walked into Scarborough on the Cleveland coast path yesterday and got the bus back. It was about 5 miles and lovely scenery and Ziggypup had a lovely run on the bits of beach she was allowed. We liked the north bay very much, the south bay not so much, it was more typically seasidey which is not to our taste.

Today we'll head in the other direction on the Cleveland Way.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Dumpling, thinking of you xx
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income