IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

MET - PCN - Southgate Park, Stansted

Options
124»

Comments

• Feelcheated
    Feelcheated Posts: 19 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary
    Options
    The new Joe Lycett's Got Your Back programme recently covered the parking at Stansted - McDonalds and Starbucks ....see more here...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5i_RcNM4SM0
  • Feelcheated
    Options
    I had a few letters recently from strange companies trying to get me to pay the fine. I think it was 2 letters and then a second organisation and then 1 letter from a third organisation. I've ignored them.
  • Umkomaas
    Umkomaas Posts: 41,410 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    I had a few letters recently from strange companies trying to get me to pay the fine. I think it was 2 letters and then a second organisation and then 1 letter from a third organisation. I've ignored them.
    Which organisations?
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

Private Parking Firms - Killing the High Street
  • Feelcheated
    Options
    Zenith and DRP, thought there was another one...
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    Zenith and DRP, thought there was another one...

They’re one and the same organisation. Be alert for anything from Gladstones or BW Legal (or any other solicitor). Come back if you get anything from any of them.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask. .

I provide only my personal opinion, it is not a legal opinion, it is simply a personal one. I am not a lawyer.

Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options
    Errrrmmm...have you looked that 'firm' up on TrustPilot before looking at them?

Do you realise (and this is in the Public Domain - see Companies House records) they share Directors with the other firm with shockingly worse reviews and aggressive replies from the company going back months?

There is even a bright yellow banner (never seen that before) warning posted by Trustpilot themselves, with a clear message about the other company run by the same people.

For the sake of newbies who might not realise that the advice here is NEVER TO USE ANY APPEALS FIRM (for VERY good reasons) please can you remove that link as soon as you read this?

Thanks.

DO NOT EVEN GO THERE AND DO NOT POST LINKS TO THOSE FIRMS.

ALWAYS CHECK TRUSTPILOT FIRST.

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Feelcheated
    Options
    No further letters received. They appear to have given up. Not worth chasing for £100 when they know it is a con.
  • Umkomaas
    Options
    No further letters received. They appear to have given up. Not worth chasing for £100 when they know it is a con.

They have 6 years to pursue any alleged debt.

MET haven't (as yet) off-loaded their back catalogue of unpaid charges to BW Legal to issue proceedings against, there again, this time last year, neither had Britannia, NCP, Total Parking Solutions or Premier Parking - now the forum is absolutely awash with court claims from them all.

Hang on to any paperwork for at least 6 years.

If you move address in the next 6 years, you must inform MET.

• Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 132,120 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    Options

Please remove the offensive link. Well I find it offensive and so do others here.

thanks!

:)
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure