28 replies 1.3K views
13»

Replies

• KeithPKeithP Forumite
    22K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Don't use the form at all.

Crack on with your Defence and file it as described above.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    Just use bargepole's concise defence and get it in (see NEWBIES thread).
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • Coupon-mad wrote: »
    Just use bargepole's concise defence and get it in (see NEWBIES thread).

Defence now submitted according to the advice given, and an acknowledgement has been received.

A bit daunting picking out the relevant bits from the Newbies thread, but I have new appreciation for the efforts in compiling this by you and the other stalwarts on this forum.
  • Coupon-madCoupon-mad Forumite
    86.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭✭
    OK now stick around and read bargepole's post about COURT PROCEDURE to be ready for the next stages and so you don't have to ask us about little tick boxes on the DQ (or worse, miss it...or overlook WS & evidence stage).

This is all spelled out in the NEWBIES thread. You've jumped one hoop so far!
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
  • KeithPKeithP Forumite
    22K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Stanley St, if I were you I would be phoning the CCBC, phone number on your Claim Form, tomorrow morning asking them to urgently process your Defence. This is to reduce the risk of a Default Judgment before it gets properly filed.
  • KeithP wrote: »
    Stanley St, if I were you I would be phoning the CCBC, phone number on your Claim Form, tomorrow morning asking them to urgently process your Defence. This is to reduce the risk of a Default Judgment before it gets properly filed.

I phoned CCBC this morning, and I was reassured that they prioritise the processing of Defence and are several days behind in the processing of Default Judgements. In fact today they are still working on Judgements from 22 March. Despite my lateness, time still seems to be on my side.
    Coupon-mad wrote: »
    OK now stick around and read bargepole's post about COURT PROCEDURE to be ready for the next stages and so you don't have to ask us about little tick boxes on the DQ (or worse, miss it...or overlook WS & evidence stage).

This is all spelled out in the NEWBIES thread. You've jumped one hoop so far!

This old dog should be better prepared for the next hoops to jump through. Is it still worth putting in a SAR request at this late stage?
  • UmkomaasUmkomaas Forumite
    29K posts
    10,000 Posts Seventh Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Is it still worth putting in a SAR request at this late stage?
    Why not? Knowing what they hold about you might be enlightening and potentially useful for your own WS.
    Please note, we are not a legal advice forum. I personally don't get involved in critiquing court case Defences/Witness Statements, so unable to help on that front. Please don't ask.
    Give a man a fish, and you feed him for a day; show him how to catch fish, and you feed him for a lifetime.
  • RedxRedx Forumite
    29.4K posts
    10,000 Posts Sixth Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it also makes them do some work, so if it were me I would be causing them as much work as possible, due to the fact of them causing me work in defending a court claim

plus you never know what can happen when they start digging around, sometimes they even cancel due to finding some flaw they missed, like BRIT did recently when they started cancelling due to "complying with the BPA CoP"
    Newbies !!
    Private Parking ticket? check the 2 sticky threads by coupon-mad and crabman in the Parking Tickets, Fines & Parking Board forum for the latest advice or maybe try pepipoo or C.A.G. or legal beagles forums if you need legal advice as well because this parking forum is not about debt collectors or legal matters per se