Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

Free money for switching accounts with no direct debits?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Free money for switching accounts with no direct debits?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
5 replies 802 views
InvestingNowInvestingNow Forumite
17 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Is there any bank that gives you free money or high interest for switching accounts with no direct debits?

Replies

• Dolly_RockerDolly_Rocker Forumite
    4.9K posts
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped! Debt-free and Proud!
    ✭✭✭✭
    I don't think there are, I'm sure most have a minimum of 2 DD's required.

I am with Nationwide and that was the amount I had to transfer for the switch.

Dxxx
    DF 2018 £12,754.09 - PIF 30.11.18
    My Home Fund £3,200.00
    Goal Weight by December 2020 11lbs/91lbs
    I have 4 Nationwide Referrals left, PM me for £100 to switch accounts, link in 1-2 working days
  • eskbankereskbanker Forumite
    13.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    First Direct don't pay a cash incentive for switching anymore but do offer gifts, and also access to their 5% regular saver, with no DD requirement.
  • edited 11 July 2018 at 3:04PM
    binaryuniversebinaryuniverse Forumite
    844 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    edited 11 July 2018 at 3:04PM
    Natwest's recent offer didn't. By extension that probably also means RBS didn't either. But both have ended.

Barclay's didn't require to switch DDs to get their recent £14 (£11 net) per month offer. Although you DO need 2 DDs set up later to get the cash. That has also ended.

Halifax don't require DDs to be switched. They offer £75 at the moment. However, that does often go up to £125. So it could be worth waiting on that one. You also get £3 per month rewards, for paying in £750m but you must then set up 2 DDs on the account (don't need to be switched) to get the extra cash.

First Direct don't request DDs, but they aren't giving out straight cash anymore.
  • ZandermanZanderman Forumite
    2.8K posts
    Tenth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Natwest's recent offer didn't. By extension that probably also means RBS didn't either. But both have ended.

Barclay's didn't require DDs to get their recent £14 (£11 net) per month offer. That has also ended.

Halifax don't require DDs to be switched. They offer £75 at the moment. However, that does often go up to £125. So it could be worth waiting on that one. You also get £3 per month rewards, for paying in £750m but you must then set up 2 DDs on the account (don't need to be switched) to get the extra cash.

First Direct don't request DDs, but they aren't giving out straight cash anymore.

Actually Barclays do require DDs, otherwise there are is no £11 'blue reward'. Not needed in the switched account but needed for the payments to happen.
  • binaryuniversebinaryuniverse Forumite
    844 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 500 Posts
    ✭✭✭
    You're quite right. I'll update the post.