PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! In order to help keep the Forum a useful, safe and friendly place for our users, discussions around non-MoneySaving matters are not permitted per the Forum rules. While we understand that mentioning house prices may sometimes be relevant to a user's specific MoneySaving situation, we ask that you please avoid veering into broad, general debates about the market, the economy and politics, as these can unfortunately lead to abusive or hateful behaviour. Threads that are found to have derailed into wider discussions may be removed. Users who repeatedly disregard this may have their Forum account banned. Please also avoid posting personally identifiable information, including links to your own online property listing which may reveal your address. Thank you for your understanding.

3 Months on Market no second viewers or offers

Options
I have owned this property since January 2018 so just over 6 months. After buying the property I started a new job and wanted to move closer to my girlfriends parents due to childcare. So I put my house on the market about 3 months ago.

I have has about 10 viewers since then and reduced the price. I have lost out on the house i had in mind but have found a development close by and have paid the deposit for the new house to be built.

I'm not sure what else I should be doing or the estate agents I can't afford to lower the price any more than I already have and I don't really want to loose the deposit I have paid on the new build house.

Any ideas are appreciated.

I will provide the right move listing if you want to take a look and advise on things you would change.

Thanks

Comments

• Cdny
    Cdny Posts: 13 Forumite
    Options
    I am unable to post links due to being new. If you want to look at the right move listing please send me a message.
  • Nobbie1967
    Nobbie1967 Posts: 1,477 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Cdny wrote: »
    I am unable to post links due to being new. If you want to look at the right move listing please send me a message.

What price did you pay for it 6 months ago and what are you asking for it now?
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    Cdny wrote: »
    Just post the link but add some spaces in it.
  • Cdny
    Options
    I paid £100,000.

I had 3 valuations completed and they all said the market was alot better than when I bought it. So I put it up for 110k I then lowered it last month to 95-105k. Due to the lack of intrest and offers.
  • Cdny
    Options
    Link to right move.

Rightmove.Co .uk /s6p/54025047
  • Slithery
    Slithery Posts: 6,046 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    Options
    A lot of people will assume that there is something wrong with the property as you are selling so soon after buying. Nothing you can do to change that.
  • need_an_answer
    need_an_answer Posts: 2,812 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    If people get as far as looking at the write up on the property before they look when it was last sold,you could suggest that the agent adds the wording in a prominent place

"job relocation forces sale"
    OR
    "Selling due to job relocation"

It might help if vendors know there is a reason other than them assuming bad area/neighbours.
    in S 38 T 2 F 50
    out S 36 T 9 F 24 FF 4

2017-32 2018 -33 2019 -21 2020 -5 2021 -4 2022
  • AdrianC
    AdrianC Posts: 42,189 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    The details clearly aren't the problem - their job is to get people through the door.

So the question is what are they seeing when they view that's stopping them having a second visit?
  • Rambosmum
    Rambosmum Posts: 2,445 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I suspect that people are seeing it, dong a bit of additional research, realizing you only bought it 6 months ago are probably assuming there is something wrong, such as bad neighbours. it'll be hard to change that.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure