Egg/Barclaycard Plevin claim - they initiated? ** Update **

Options
vadc01
vadc01 Posts: 21 Forumite
edited 13 July 2018 at 8:58AM in Reclaim PPI & other insurance
About 3 years ago I made a PPI complaint to Egg and was rejected - I didn't pursue it any further and to be honest forgot about it. I recently made (another) complaint to Egg via Citibank and they have passed my details to Barclaycard, who I've been in touch with and they've said although my previous claim was rejected, they wrote to me at my old address last November asking me to resubmit the claim under the Plevin ruling. They've taken my bank details and advised they'll be in touch soon. My question is if they asked me to resubmit, is this a good indicator they'll rule in my favour? Or is this a standard letter that went out to everyone that had a rejected claim, and it doesn't mean I was charged the high level of commission? Thanks for your advice!

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 26,612 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    You'll doubtless get a Plevin refund of (some) money.

Do note that this will only be a partial refund and that your original PPI complaint remains rejected.
  • vadc01
    Options
    Thanks for replying - anything is better than nothing, and it will all be going towards paying my loan off. Also this just shows you don't need to go via 3rd party claims companies - I emailed Citi direct with no account numbers, and the ball is rolling :j:T
  • vadc01
    Options
    Woke up this morning to a £704 refund direct to my bank account. No text or letter as yet advising, but very nice start to the day, all for the cost of 1 email and a short phone conversation to confirm my current address
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.9K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.5K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure