SKY ! Telephone/TV/Broadband

Options
Hi

Dont know if im putting this in the right board, but here goes....

I have an account with Sky... i have telephone, broadband and 3 TV boxes in the house...

Every month i have problems with there bill !

forget the fact they charge me £4 for not paying by direct debit ! which i think is totally unacceptable.

but because my standard monthly charge is £96 when the phone calls are entered on to the system it takes it over £100. they then phone me or write to me and say i have to make a payment because my account is too high! (my calls average at about £40) even tho i have have not recieved a bill and sometimes its not due for 2 weeks.

I pay £70 every two weeks (average bill £140) so when they then look at my account they say it hasnt been clear since 2006! and that the amount i have to pay is sometimes 3 months late even tho im totally up to date with the account !

this month they even turned my viewing off, 3 days before the payment due date on the current invoice, even tho there was less outstanding than the total of the current invoice!

When i queried this i was told that this wouldnt happen if i paid by DD so i asked him why sky was bullying people into paying by DD, and he said they just like it that way !!

i am at a loss !!
Trying to get debt freeeeee with the help of :money:and experian credit expert
CCJ No 1 - original £1269.00 paid £156.06 balance £1112.94
CCJ No 2 - original £1660.00 paid £0.00 no agreement set up as yet
2 x Defaults - Natwest Bank - Total £465.00 - offer made
Credit score at start 592
Current score 748

Comments

• BexTech
    BexTech Posts: 4,772 Forumite
    Options
    Stop wasting so much money on Sky. There is more to life.

Cancel the the TV packages.

Hopefully you haven't switched phone line rental to Sky.

Take up a cheap a broadband package.

Stop using the phone so much, only call during inclusive time and not to mobiles.

With the £120 per month you will then be saving, you'll have money to go out and enjoy yourself.

Sense and money spring to mind.
    It's PAC not PAC Code, it's MAC not MAC Code, it's PIN not PIN Number, it's ATM not ATM Machine, it's LCD not LCD Display, it's DVD not DVD disc... It's no one not noone, It's a lot not alot, It's got not gotten... Panini is the plural of panino - there is no S!!
    (OK my English isn't great, the sciences, maths & IT are my strong points!)
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    Why not pay by DD? You're clearly not short of money.
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • TAG
    TAG Posts: 2,823 Forumite
    Options
    Heinz wrote: »
    Why not pay by DD? You're clearly not short of money.

But clearly he/she is !!

Angel105 after reading your other posts/threads how on earth can you afford the above when you say you only earn £77.50 a week?:confused:
  • Angel105
    Options
    Housemates !

why else would i need 3 rooms with sky in

i almost felt judged then instead of recieving help....

i deal with all the bills/rent etc for the house, i have house mates which the bills are shared with... hence the no DD, if housemates dont pay me, bills dont get paid, and why should i risk bouncng DDs

we all live in our own ways, and we all make ends meet in different ways.

:mad:
    Current score 748
  • Angel105
    Options
    my post isnt about not being able to afford it, it is to ask if any one else has had the same problem with sky, and how they have dealt with it...

maybe i shouldnt have joined this
    Current score 748
  • Heinz
    Heinz Posts: 11,191 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker Car Insurance Carver!
    Options
    OK, assuming you have not been fooled into handing the line rental over to Sky and just use Sky Talk as your CPS calls provider, why not cut down on the cost of calls.

It sounds like you're on Sky Talk Freetime when, perhaps, Sky Talk Unlimited - for £5 extra per month to get inclusive UK 01/02/03 calls of up to an hour at all times instead of just at weekends - would reduce your bills and, perhaps, stop Sky calling you when you reach their 'too much' level.

Of course, Sky's rates for calling mobiles are quite expensive so there's probably potential for saving money there too (please see the 'HERE' link in my signature below).
    Time has moved on (much quicker than it used to - or so it seems at my age) and my previous advice on residential telephony has been or is now gradually being overtaken by changes in the retail market. Hence, I have now deleted links to my previous 'pearls of wisdom'. I sincerely hope they helped save some of you money.
  • Angel105
    Options
    No my line rental is with BT still

I have unlimited sky talk... and every time my bill comes its the 0845 0870 numbers that have made my bill the amount that it is...

i am now using the web page to find the alternative numbers that i found a link to on here.

but i would say there is approx £10 worth of calls to sky every month with me trying to sort there mistakes.
    Current score 748
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts