IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

DCBL: Notice of Debt Recovery

Options
2»

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    Options
    See the newbies FAQ thread. #2 there covers court claims including the process of applying for a set aside
  • waamo
    waamo Posts: 10,298 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Tbh I suspect the odds of getting a set aside are slim indeed if the reason for the default ccj is ignoring all the paperwork.

If the ppc will agree to a set aside you stand a far greater (but far from guaranteed chance) of getting one. The cost for a contested set aside is £255. With consent it falls to £100.

You will almost certainly have to pay what the ppc wants.

I would certainly take a punt on asking them. If they ignore you or refuse frankly I don't rate your chances.
  • Coupon-mad
    Coupon-mad Posts: 131,805 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post Photogenic First Anniversary
    edited 13 July 2018 at 12:35AM
    Options
    JPoultz wrote: »
    I have been in contact with the county court that issued the CCJ - whom confirmed this is a legit case and a CCJ is now by my name. The county court also advised that I responded to the bailiffs immediately as the fine was about to rise AGAIN.

I then contacted the DCBL who then also advised I pay with the charge set to rise. It appeared I was fighting a losing battle so I agreed to the monthly payment plan DCBL offered.

I have made one payment of £50 for the charge so far - and will continue to pay month by month until the charge is paid in full and the CCJ is removed from my name. Is there any other advice that may be useful to shorten this charge from these absolute scumbags!!!!?
    None of the above was in the advice here. NO-ONE RINGS DCBL. Why the heck did you do that?

Now you will have no case to set the CCJ aside 'without consent' at a hearing, because you've agreed to pay.

AND to add insult to injury you will now have a CCJ on you record ruining your credit, for SIX YEARS.

Which would have been wiped completely, had you successfully applied to get it set aside, instead.

We knew it was a real CCJ and we pointed you to read about set asides in posts #5 and #6 above, where Quentin explained you have to act quickly (NOT 'oh let's ignore all that, let's phone DCBL up, get lied to, then be bullied/talked into believing the only option is a payment plan').

Unbelievable to come here, then do something completely different.

IMHO, your only hope to save your credit rating (if it matters to you) now, is to contact the PPC scum and beg for a set aside with consent (costs you £100 court fee) and agree to pay their sum in full as well.

And everything about set asides (with or without consent) is in the NEWBIES thread, up there in the sticky thread at the top of this forum, for newbies to read first.
    PRIVATE 'PCN'? DON'T PAY BUT DON'T IGNORE IT (except N.Ireland).
    CLICK at the top of this/any page where it says:
    Forum Home»Motoring»Parking Tickets Fines & Parking - read the NEWBIES THREAD
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure