Forum Home» Insurance & Life Assurance

Auto renewal car insurance refund

New Post Advanced Search
Important update! We have recently reviewed and updated our Forum Rules and FAQs. Please take the time to familiarise yourself with the latest version.

Auto renewal car insurance refund

edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
2 replies 579 views
HetheringtHetheringt Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 12:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi guys,

About this time last year I took out a new insurance policy for my car with General haven't not realised my Tesco car insurance was about to auto renew.

At the time I was going through a highly stressful time in my personal life and missed the fact I had actually paid twice to insure the same vehicle especially given the amounts were paid using different accounts. This only came to light recently as I had e-mails from both providers asking if I wanted to renew. Is there any way of claiming this back? I will receive 2 no claims bonus certificates so obviously I have proof of this error.

Replies

• csgohan4csgohan4 Forumite
    9.2K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    contact Tesco and give them proof of your insurance elsewhere, you may have to pay admin costs potentially
    "It is prudent when shopping for something important, not to limit yourself to Pound land/Estate Agents"

G_M/ PIxie RIP
  • cajefcajef Forumite
    5.9K posts
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    Hetheringt wrote: »
    About this time last year I took out a new insurance policy for my car with General haven't not realised my Tesco car insurance was about to auto renew.
    So you have been paying two insurance companies for twelve months for the same vehicle and did not notice, you must have received two Certificates of Motor Insurance one from each company, one from Tesco when they auto renewed and one from the new insurance company, did this not flag up that you had two policies for the same car?
    I used to have a handle on life, but it broke. :|