Forum Home» Savings & Investments

Where can I see which Tesco account is joint?

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Where can I see which Tesco account is joint?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
14 replies 1.3K views
HappyUserHappyUser Forumite
301 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Savings & Investments
Hello,
I have online banking and mobile app with Tesco, however I cannot see where it says the name of the account holder and if it is joint or not.
Any idea?
thanks!

Replies

• edited 8 July 2018 at 1:16PM
    VortigernVortigern Forumite
    2.9K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭
    edited 8 July 2018 at 1:16PM
    Log on as yourself. List the account numbers.

Ask your partner to log on. List the account numbers.

Compare the lists. Any account on both lists is joint.

To avoid future confusion you can rename the accounts as my/mine, or joint.
  • HappyUserHappyUser Forumite
    301 posts
    Unfortunately he doesn't have internet banking.
  • mije1983mije1983 Forumite
    3.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture
    ✭✭✭✭
    Give Tesco a call?

• PunPun Forumite
    740 posts
    I've been Money Tipped!
    Why don't you and your 'partner' know? You opened the account! Remember you are jointly and severally liable for any payments/costs on the account. I'd get yourself a more reliable partner.
    301 posts
    Pun wrote: »
    Why don't you and your 'partner' know? You opened the account! Remember you are jointly and severally liable for any payments/costs on the account. I'd get yourself a more reliable partner.

I never said he is my 'partner'. Are you asking me to get myself a more reliable parent?
  • BrynsamBrynsam Forumite
    2.8K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭✭
    HappyUser wrote: »
    I never said he is my 'partner'. Are you asking me to get myself a more reliable parent?

See posts 2 and 3 above - you're the one who responded to the remark about your partner with 'he doesn't have internet banking'. Not the same thing at all as 'I don't have a partner'.

Why would any account be a joint account if you don't have a partner - who would you have opened it with otherwise, given the risks of a joint account?
  • Savvy_SueSavvy_Sue Forumite
    41.7K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper I'm a Volunteer Board Guide
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Do they have a secure message function?

Do you each have debit cards, you for both accounts and the other person for one? Compare cards.
    Still knitting!
    Completed: TWO adult cardigans, 3 baby jumpers, 3 shawls, 1 sweat band, 3 pairs baby bootees, 2 sets of handwarmers, 1 Wise Man Knitivity figure + 1 sheep, 2 pairs socks, 3 balaclavas, multiple hats and poppies, 3 peony flowers, 4 butterflies ...
    Current projects: pink balaclava (for myself), seaman's hat, about to start another cardigan!
  • TheShapeTheShape Forumite
    1.6K posts
    1,000 Posts Fourth Anniversary Combo Breaker
    ✭✭✭
    HappyUser wrote: »
    Brynsam wrote: »
    See posts 2 and 3 above - you're the one who responded to the remark about your partner with 'he doesn't have internet banking'. Not the same thing at all as 'I don't have a partner'.

Why would any account be a joint account if you don't have a partner - who would you have opened it with otherwise, given the risks of a joint account?

I expect it's not uncommon for someone to have a joint account with a parent. My father had at least one joint account with his father.
    301 posts
    Savvy_Sue wrote: »
    Do they have a secure message function?

Unfortunately no and I dread to have to call them and waste all that time for a simple question, that's why I asked here. I have a cold atm and won't be calling them soon either.
  • Westie983Westie983 Forumite, Board Guide
    4.9K posts
    Sixth Anniversary 1,000 Posts Photogenic Xmas Saver!
    ✭✭✭✭
    Here is the number to call when your cold has gone.

Local rate number so wont cost you that much, out of your scheduled minutes if using a mobile.

0345 835 3353
    (bank account customer services)

Westie983
    Save 12k in 2020 #33 Total (£2300) £1500.00/£5000 = 30.00%
    Sealed Pot Challenge ~ 13 #97 Total (£505)+£150.00/£500 = 30.00%
    Xmas 2020 £1 a Day #8 Total (£386)+£74.91/£365 = 20.52%
    Virtual Sealed Pot #1 Total (£600)+£200.00/£500 = 40.00%
    £2 Savers Club 2020 #11 Total (£720)+£4.00/£300 = 1.33%
    Total £1928.91/£6665 = 28.94%
    I'm a Board Guide on Budgeting & Bank Accounts, Debt-Free Wannabe, Disability Money Matters, and Savings & Investments. I'm a volunteer helping the boards run smoothly, but I'm not a moderator, and do not read all posts. If you see an inappropriate/illegal post then email [email protected]