PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 7th July 2018

Options
This is an “over the garden fence” type thread where we chat about everything Old Style and maybe a little bit more. It’s a great, inspiring and motivating thread we start each day to discuss what Old Style things we’re going to do today or what we’ve achieved already. Everyone’s welcome, please do come in, put your feet up (although check the fence hasn’t just been painted first!) and join us for an Old Style natter. The more the merrier!

As this is the Old Style Board, it would be appreciated if posts could include some Old Style content. Please be aware that many people may have small screens, or SLOW internet connections, so please don’t post large pictures, or clip art – links are preferred. When you make a post, if you feel like giving it a title, that will help others that don’t have the time to read everything skim through the thread quickly but if not it's not a problem. Please do not start a new daily thread before you go to bed at night because this often leaves things confusing with two daily threads live at the same time. The idea is that a member would start each new daily thread after they get up in the morning

Comments

• Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Morning everyone :wave:

Another scorching hot day is forecast for today. I do enjoy the good weather I’m not that good when it gets really hot but seem to have been managing to keep the house fairly cool during the day.

I may be going over to stay the night with my brother and family but to be honest I would prefer to go next week. With this sort of heat I prefer to be in my own home where I can control the temperature.

If I don’t go I will go shopping when the football is on. I got some amazing bargains in M&S last time and it is certainly worth having a look as soon as everyone has settled down for the start of the match.

Other than that I don’t plan to do anything in particular today. It is too hot to attempt any housework other than a quick vacuum through. Much more than that I have been doing during the late evening when it is a bit cooler.

TA it sounds like the school concert went well, I’m glad that you enjoyed it. Hopefully you got through to the doctors and got the results of blood test. You are taking really good care of Mr TA, don’t forget to look after yourself as well ((TAs)).

Another one here who is having problems with dry skin Tru. I’m putting one of those intensive ‘seven’ day moisturisers on each day. It is helping a bit but not as much as I would like.

AOD I hope that you managed to get your documents verified and that they don’t lose anything this time. As you say, it is lucky that you are not dependent on this or the state pension with all the problems that you are having getting your pensions. I hope it is all sorted out quickly for you.

Bellabella I have seen some of the cast from the King and I on various programmes promoting it and it looked really good. I’m pleased that you enjoyed it.

Nelski enjoy your book club/girls get together. It sounds more like an excuse to have fun in Blackpool in the good weather. I’m sure you will have a great time and just what you need after your op.

Silver-oldie ((hugs)). I’m not surprised that you are feeling low, last month was pretty dreadful for you.

JackieO - Kieth the plumber sounds a really good kind person. Thankfully it was a quick easy fix and hasn’t needed expensive parts.

Nanny your DGS’s assembly sounds like it was great fun.

Have a good Saturday everyone whatever you are doing.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning all, it remains scorchio here so I've given up on trying to stay asleep. I'm supervising the washing machine instead.

Yesterday was quite busy in the end and I'll be out most of tomorrow so today is a do what I like day.

Thinking of the worried and the poorlies xx
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Morning Holly and all,

I've just had an early morning call....Well that's if you can call a hound standing at the top of the stairs barking her head off. Youngest has just staggered home wrecked and stinking like a brewery but couldn't get the key in the door. He's a bit like his Mum, can't hold his drink. A bit like his Dad, isn't a drinker. How on earth he got back from Birmingham city centre is anyone's guess the state he's in. :(

Hes gone to bed clutching the bin. :mad:

Grump will be home later, towing the mobile home he's been living in for the last few months. It will need a good clean if nothing else.

Found out Diva and Livewire are having a birthday party today. I guess our invite got lost in the post.

Right, I'll just check on Youngest, then I'll try and settle down again.

Onwards and forwards can wait.

Have a good sleep all.
  • ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    Options
    Judi, it is hard to believe that you have not been invited, I do wonder if the next request to provide childcare will be convenient for you.

After a period of staggering home after nights out, like your son in the city centre, my DS gave up drink entirely nearly a year ago and now gets very sniffy if I have wine.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • TravellingAbuela
    TravellingAbuela Posts: 6,684 Forumite
    Photogenic First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Morning folks and thanks for yet another very early start HOLLY.

Oh JUDI I remember those days well when my kids were at home. Unusually it was DD who was the worst culprit, DS had a bit (!) more sense!

The head start to the Friday Tidy was interrupted yesterday by a phone call from the doctor at 9.00 a.m. Mr TA's potassium reading was worryingly high and he wanted it repeating urgently. Third lot of bloods in space of 4 days! He arranged for us to have it done at the surgery and sent direct to the hospital post haste. Said he would ring me with the result late afternoon. I had to nearly drag him out of bed but got him there as requested. The doctor duly rang at 5.30 and said it was normal - after I had spent the entire day thinking he was heading for kidney failure!!!

They are not doing anything about the low reading for anaemia at the moment until he is seen on the 16th. Hopefully that's the end of the blood tests and surgery visits for now. Just Oncology at Leeds on Thursday so, hopefully, a less stressful week ahead!

So today Plan A is to pop down town for a few bits I need, come back and resume the Friday Tidy, then watch the footie this afternoon. Plan B is to run away and join the circus and that is sounding the most appealing at the moment!

Have a good day folks and ((HUGS)) as always for all in need/want of them. Have the best day you can and take care one and all xx
    "If you dream alone it will remain just a dream. But if we all dream together it will become reality"
  • LaineyT
    LaineyT Posts: 4,643 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Morning everyone,

It’s another beautiful day here in EA, meant to be hot for another couple of days and then cool down a bit, I love summer but will be nice to be able to do a tad more, the heat is so draining.
    Off out to the farm shop once it opens and then over to the yard, am meeting up with a friend who is having a lesson and she can then have Lu cuddles :D We have both agreed need to be leaving by 2.15 to get back for the footie. After that, it all depends on the result and how ecstatic or depressed we are :D

Have a good day and take care folks x
  • System
    System Posts: 178,096 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    edited 7 July 2018 at 7:22AM
    Options
    Judi, it is hard to believe that you have not been invited, I do wonder if the next request to provide childcare will be convenient for you..

I think they are still pretty annoyed Grump put his foot down about having the kids overnight.

When Diva is at school I doubt if I'll see any of them except for school holidays.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    Options
    Morning, and thanks Holly.
    It's warm and sunny here, and I've got the WM with a towel load. No problems drying the washing at the moment.

we went up to Aln*wick Gardens yesterday, and it was lovely, we wandered in the rose garden for ages. There were loads of people there, but it's a big place so didn't feel crowded.

Last night was the usual wine and gossip at a friends, only two of us this time.

Today Ds and family will be over for lunch, and tonight we've got tickets for our local choir concert, should be good. A friend sings with them.

Judi, pity you were't invited to the party - sad for the children though, if you don't see them as much.
    My family, as late teens and early twenties used to stagger home sometimes, Dd wasn't good at holding her drink. Now they all have the nerve to joke about our wine drinking!!

Mrs TA, I do hope next week is less worrying, you could do with some respite.

Hope everyone has a good day. Take care folks.
  • silver-oldie
    silver-oldie Posts: 1,007 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Good morning all
    Thank you for starting us off Holly

Judi I just cannot understand how they can treat you this way after all you do for your family.

TA
    thinking of you

Hot here already, not much planned for today. Maybe watch F1 Silverstone. I think there's some football match on :D

Hope you all have a good Saturday
    If you walk at night no-one will see you cry.
  • ScarletRibbons
    ScarletRibbons Posts: 2,075 Forumite
    Options
    Just popped back, after having read more of yesterday's postings. Silver-Oldie, so sorry you feel so alone and sad.

Have you no-one at all you can chat to and unload on to? It makes such a difference when you can. Please keep posting, don't feel that you can't talk on here. People on here are so supportive.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure