Student loans to study abroad

Options
I’m looking into studying in USA at a university level to obtain a degree. Are there any student loans available for Uk citizens to study abroad? Or would it have to be personal loans to support this I.e from a bank ?

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    I’m looking into studying in USA at a university level to obtain a degree. Are there any student loans available for Uk citizens to study abroad? Or would it have to be personal loans to support this I.e from a bank ?

Nothing from government and loans from banks are possible but are based on your circumstances and ability to repay, which would be hard given you're a student.

There may be various scholarships from the university itself.
  • Adly812
    Adly812 Posts: 558 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Thank you in regards to scholarships I don!!!8217;t think I!!!8217;m lever enough to obtain one, maybe my tennis capabilities could be considerable.

Do you know any USA universities that offer free tuition...
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 4,176 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Smb3088 wrote: »
    Thank you in regards to scholarships I don!!!8217;t think I!!!8217;m lever enough to obtain one, maybe my tennis capabilities could be considerable.

Do you know any USA universities that offer free tuition...

Highly unlikely there are any offering free tuition because they are private businesses with the goal of making money.
    Your best bet would be a scholarship, not all are based on your exam marks. Some would offer on your tennis ability or your personal circumstances, low income, diverse background etc
  • Starrystarrynight1
    Options
    Have you thought about courses here in the UK which include a year in the US?

I used to be Starrystarrynight on MSE, before a log in technical glitch!
  • zagubov
    zagubov Posts: 17,886 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Photogenic First Post
    Options
    Some universities like Stirling make a big deal of spending at least a semester in the US.
    There is no honour to be had in not knowing a thing that can be known - Danny Baker
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure