IMPORTANT: Please make sure your posts do not contain any personally identifiable information (both your own and that of others). When uploading images, please take care that you have redacted all personal information including QR codes, number plates and reference numbers.

No PCN, No NTK

Options
13»

Comments

• Yolo84
    Yolo84 Posts: 14 Forumite
    Options
    Hi sorry no it was armtrac who asked the DVLA for my info with the reason being: Driver has failed to provide payment or a written appeal against parking charge within a specified 28 day period.
  • Yolo84
    Options
    Also not sure on the method used but the DVLA's response is from the middle of February.
  • twhitehousescat
    Options
    Yolo84 wrote: »
    Hi sorry no it was armtrac who asked the DVLA for my info with the reason being: Driver has failed to provide payment or a written appeal against parking charge within a specified 28 day period.

in an armtrac services car park but didnt have change. The driver went to get some and on the drivers return 5 mins later, found a man taking photos of the car. to get change. He said you only get 3 minutes

so , if the driver paid for parking within the grace period , then the info asked from the DVLA was illegally asked for

I quote from IPC code of practice

15. Grace Periods
    15.1 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to park and read any signs so
    they may make an informed decision as to whether or not to remain on the site.
    15.2 Drivers should be allowed a sufficient amount of time to leave a site after a pre-paid or
    permitted period of parking has expired.

He said you only get 3 minutes change

see above
  • Yolo84
    Options
    The driver didn't pay for a ticket, just left and went to park elsewhere. If I reply to bw legal with what you have stated above would that not be saying who the driver was? Also it states on there sign that "No grace periods are given".
  • nosferatu1001
    nosferatu1001 Posts: 12,961 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Name Dropper
    Options
    Theyve breached the CoP then, meaning the amount is a penalty that cannot be recovered. PE v Beavis stated that compliance with teh BoP was mandatory.
    Just dont say who the driver is. Not difficult!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure