Uni September 2018 what am I entitled to?

Hi I’m heading to uni in 2018 as a mature student. Have my own home married and have two children 2 and 6. What student finance am I entitled to? My husband is self employed and only my eldest is at school so will still need to provide childcare for the the youngest. Thanks in advance. :j


  • AnotherJoe
    AnotherJoe Posts: 19,622
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Photogenic
    I think you'd be better off asking the student union, or in the benefits forum here.
  • DebtFreeDuo
    DebtFreeDuo Posts: 1,021
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    I am currently at uni as a single parent, I am entitled to full maintenance loan, plus the family element. If you google student finance calculator there is an official one you can use to see what you are entitled to. You can also claim (I believe) 85% of childcare costs, it works out better to go through student finance than through tax credits for your childcare costs.
    Change the way you see things and the things you see will change
  • System
    System Posts: 178,074
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Community Admin
    I was at uni a few years ago, married with working wife earning £10k a year. I got the full maintenance loan plus family element.
  • OP you need to speak to Student Loan Co. and soon as you will need to apply asap in order to get whatever by september.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors


  • All Categories
  • 341.9K Banking & Borrowing
  • 249.7K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.2K Spending & Discounts
  • 234K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 606.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 172.5K Life & Family
  • 246.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 15.8K Discuss & Feedback
  • 15.1K Coronavirus Support Boards