Post office savings

Options
2»

Comments

• Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,184 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Following recommendations from Martin I decided to open a PO on line saver....
    G_M wrote: »
    Despite Martin recommending this acount,...

"Best easy access savings" means the accounts with the highest rate of interest and, I think, FSCS protection. It's not a recommendation, just shorthand terminology.
    Reed
  • G_M
    G_M Posts: 51,977 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Oh I do understand. But moneysavimg isn't always just about the rate.

Indeed, Martin makes quite a fuss about current account providers' customer service eg First Direct being super duper (I disagree with that too!).

If he's going to recommend, he could easily add a caveat based on repeated feedback from his own forum.
  • Reed_Richards
    Reed_Richards Posts: 4,184 Forumite
    First Post Name Dropper First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    I opened a PO account in April 2017 that had a good rate of interest for a year. As it was about to reach that year I realised that I had neglected to register for online access. That certainly took me more time and trouble than I would have wished so I went a few days over the year before I could withdraw the money. But having overcome that hurdle I have not experienced any problems since. I have been able to transfer out and in without much delay and internal transfers are near instantaneous.
    Reed
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.3K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport