PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.

Old Style Daily Saturday 30th June 2018

Options
2»

Comments

• ancientofdays
    ancientofdays Posts: 2,913 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Judi could you suck an ice cube or have an ice lolly? It is really hot and nothing to drink could make you ill in a different way.
    I was jumping to conclusions and one of them jumped back
  • redruby
    redruby Posts: 7,317 Forumite
    Options
    Morning all

Lovely day here again :j I have got my work clothes on to wash and will hang them out, a towel load will go in after.

DD stood on a wasp last night in the garden :eek: luckily we managed to get the sting out without squeezing the poison bit and got vinegar on it straight away but my god it did hurt !! She walks everywhere bare foot so that is a lesson learnt !

Food shopping today and we need to go and look at slabs for the patio, I also want to nip into work to buy some plants for the garden, they have such a lovely selection at the moment.

Tonight OH and I are off out :D OH helped to build a caf! in the next village and they are having a mini festival to say thank you to everyone for the help, my sis is going too so it should be nice.

Right better get on have good days all xx
  • System
    System Posts: 178,095 Community Admin
    Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    Judi could you suck an ice cube or have an ice lolly? It is really hot and nothing to drink could make you ill in a different way.

Don't worry I am drinking, just putting up with the nauseousness and sipping little and often. As long as I'm not actually sick ill put up with it.
  • [Deleted User]
    Options
    Morning ((((((((((hugs)))))))))) if you need one.

Its not as hot today we have quite a stiff breeze, apart from having morning tea in the garden yesterday we stayed in the sitting room with the curtains drawn. I have to say that the black out thermal linings do help a lot to keep the rooms cool. We get full sun in the garden in the afternoon, so generally the sun has moved round by around 11am. We could just manage lunch in the garden, but after that the sun gets right round.

We are going to have to water with watering cans, I gave the garden a good soak last night, this morning Severn Trent have not said we cannot use a hose but are asking us not to.

OH is having to get used to using a different search engine now he has a new hard drive, its driving me dotty, he is moaning every couple of minutes that he cannot do this or that. I am minded to load chrome back on, he knows how to use that.

We have started picking rasps, has a few with some ice cream last night, also have a bowl full of goosgogs to top and tail. They are going in the freezer. I have strung the garlic this morning and the onions are in a veg sack in the shed. We have more onions to come. OH is just putting leeks in. I will be making tea shortly, he is going to have to pack in then. although there is a breeze he is working in the sun.

Shoes off is the rule in the house, the carpets look lovely and cleaning was not expensive, £50 for the sitting room and hall. I had been quoted a lot more. The chap told OH he works by word of mouth, does not advertise.

Quiche and salad for supper, I have chicken out for tomorrow, OH has dug a couple of shaws of spuds, so home grown. We also have cut and come again lettuce ready. The tomato's have flowers on as do the beans but no sign of either the climbing or french beans setting as yet.

The lavender at the side of the path in the front is attracting a lot of butterflies just now, when you walk down the path clouds of them fly off. I wish the other side was as good, nothing will grow in one part of it and I have no idea why. I was wondering whether to use dilute jeyes
    fluid on it to sterilise the soil.

Hey ho, its morning tea time, off to sit in the garden for half an hour.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    First Post I've been Money Tipped!
    edited 30 June 2018 at 10:15AM
    Options
    Morning chums just pottering around and will be off to visit sis-in law after lunch.I am really looking forward to a good chinwag this afternoon as she went out to see my niece in Mexico after Christmas for 6 weeks and I haven't seen her since .

We both have busy lives and juggle grandchildren and holidays Her son lives in Didcot,Oxfordshire so she often has to dog sit for them and is away for a couple of weeks at a time This is the first weekend where we have both been in the same county at the same time :):) since Christmas. There will be a great deal of nattering and tea drinking going on this afternoon, and then we are off to her local pub for a meal tonight.

Weather is a little cooler thank goodness , although tomorrow is due to be a scorcher again.I am at DD's tomorrow night for a BBQ so very little cooking is happening in my house this weekend :):)

Nelski it sounds like you are getting along fine and slowly recovering ,but don't over do it and set yourself back ,a medicinal G&T is recommended late afternoon, in the garden, in the sunshine with a book methinks :):)

Judi I do hope you recover a bit, its rotten feeling poorly when the weather is so glorious ,not half so bad when its tipping down and you can just snuggle down and hide :)

camelot I did my sofa throw yesterday, and it was dry and back on the sofa by last night

TA looks like you have managed to sort out Mr TA's food a bit at least he is getting a decent amount of calories.My friends OH has a similar problem and she is so worried as he has lost so much weight

H/Harvey, picnics and people watching are two of my favourite pastimes and the park is a great place for it enjoy your day

BTDT I have two lists a 'to-do' and a 'bin-done' list and they even up eventually ,but with the amazing weather make the most of it and leave the lists until it turns cooler This is the UK and we all know give it a week of Wimbledon and it will be chucking it down My lawn has turned brown but I'm not bothered as it will get back to green very quickly once it rains :):)
    I just water the tubs by hand and throw the washing up water on the lawn No waste in my house :):):)

Have a great weekend chums what ever you are doing ,enjoy and make sure you slap the sunscreen on

Cheers

JackieO xxx
  • Gers
    Gers Posts: 12,040 Forumite
    First Post Photogenic Name Dropper First Anniversary
    Options
    I'm home - decided that my potatoes and strawberries wouldn't last without water until Tuesday. I'm going back down to Glasgow on Monday as DM has a docs appointment.

The weather isn't doing her any favours. Scorchio +++ here, we Scots aren't known for our good weather or our tolerance to it. DM only went once to Oz to visit her grandchildren and couldn't stand it.

As it happens as I was travelling home ex-OH sent me a text saying could he 'drop in' on his way home from a trip way up north. One night... !

Does anyone else 'sleep order' online? :rotfl: Somehow I've ordered four books (second hand) from A mazon which all turned up whilst I was away. All the more to read in the sun, although I remain 'shocked' at my behaviour. :rotfl::rotfl:

Also my new bluetooth speaker turned up, this I 'remember' ordering. It's to use in the front garden when sipping chilled wine, a little light background music never goes wrong. My lovely woodman neighbour retrieved the parcel from my barn, unpacked it and plugged it in to charge in my living room. All ready to use now.

The same lovely neighbour and his mate did this for me whilst I was away:

Gate_2.jpg

Just missing a latch which is being made from a piece of ash - I have no idea how!

As for the heat, I remember years ago during a visit to Oz they had this campaign:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzA47J7QsVk

Slip, Slop, Slap, Seek and Slide. Slip on a long-sleeved Tshirt, Slop on suncream, Slap on a hat, Seek shade and Slide on sunnies!

Happy Saturday to everyone.
  • System
    Options
    Gers the gate is lovely. It goes well with the other pieces that have been built.

TA pleased to hear you are having success in getting calories into Mr TA at last. Your love and your patience has been rewarded.

JackieO well i managed to go shopping. I only walked down the soft drinks aisle and started feeling sick again but it passed.

Have a good evening all.
  • nannywindow
    nannywindow Posts: 3,409 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    Hello all, I'm baa-ack :wave:. ( Oi! stop groaning at the back, you know you missed me :rotfl: )
    We have had a lovely time and I've moved at least three places up on Nelski's paint chart. Trouble is I now have white patches but I refuse to go topless to remedy that :eek:.
    We left early this morning to miss the heat and as the traffic jam that hit the M5 yesterday was horrendous, we didn't want to be stuck in a repeat of that today. So home safe, van emptied and stored away with it's cover on, all washing done and dried :j.
    My poor potted herbs were looking a bit sick, so they have had a good drink and fingers crossed they will pick back up.
    I popped round to see Joan and took her the stick of rock she asked me to bring back. I rang Dad and he's poorly still, but he has made an appointment at the Doctors for Monday. I shall go with him this time.
    DD and DGS called in this afternoon while DGD was in stage school. Poor DGS has had another fall in school and scraped his nose again. My DD used to fall over her own feet when she was young too, especially when she was having a growing spurt. DGS feet have certainly grown he now wears shoes almost the same size as me and he's not 9 till September :eek:.
    Tea tonight was a ready meal as I didn't feel up to cooking. I didn't enjoy it though and won't buy those again.
    Hope everyone is well and nothing untoward has happened in my absence.
    Take care and hugs to all.
    nan xx
    Failure is simply the opportunity to begin again, but this time more intelligently
  • System
    Options
    Welcome back Nannywindow.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts