Forum Home» Insurance & Life Assurance

Private Medical Insurance - Successes

New Post Advanced Search

Coronavirus: The latest from MSE

The MSE team is working extremely hard to keep the info we have about your travel rights, cancellation rights, sick pay (and more) up to date.
The official MSE guides: UPDATED MSE Coronavirus Guides

NEWSFLASH

New, free ‘Academoney’ course from MSE and the Open University launches
All the key areas of personal finance are covered, so that you can master your money decisions

Private Medical Insurance - Successes

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
4 replies 2.7K views
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
We want to hear from our MoneySavers on private medical insurance. We want to hear your success stories if you have:

1) Had a PMI policy, shopped around and was able to save.
2) Haggled for a better price.
3) Made a claim.

Cheers :)

Replies

• I saved £8,000 on my yearly health insurance policy. The best advice I'd offer anyone for shopping around with PMI is to seek advice from an independent insurance broker as a lot of the big comparison sites don't give impartial quotes.
  • caveman8006caveman8006 Forumite
    90 posts
    Fourth Anniversary 10 Posts
    Just had my annual renewal pack for a BUPA family policy - had to ring to clarify a cover issue and was offered 2 months free (equivalent to a 17% discount)
  • I have just received my new quote from Bupa, it had increased by £500 a year. I did a search on this website and Bupa had a similar product to cover my needs £100 cheaper a month. When I rang them to ask about this, (I spent nearly 2 hours on the phone, with an advisor. Incredibly thorough and detailed well worth it ) I ended up changing my policy with Bupa. My new poilcy is £97 a month instead of my new quote £221 a month. Thank you Martin
  • Bupa gives discounts often