New Post Advanced Search

Advice greatfully appreciated

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
1 reply 1.8K views
emzi0207emzi0207 Forumite
1 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Theatre, Concert & Events Tickets
I would very much appreciate some advice. My mother purchased some tickets for a local event a few months ago. A few days before the event, upon checking her bank statement, she realised she had been charged £640, it should have only been £160. On further investigation we realised she had brought x4 tables of 4, instead of x4 tickets. Anyway we contacted the company who said there was nothing they could do as they would not be ableto re-sell the tickets. To cut a very long story short, the event itself was a shambles so much so it ended up in local newspapers. I wont go into all the ins and outs of this but we then put in a complaint about it all. I received a reply to say they were sorry but there was nothing they could do.
Where do i stand with this? I fully appreciate it was our mistake with the ordering but £640 is ALOT of money. Are we not even entitled to a refund of the £160 it should have been considering how much of a mess the whole event was anyway? Any advice would be much appreciated. TIA

Replies

• TBagpussTBagpuss Forumite
    8.2K posts
    Ninth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    The original mistake was hers and if the T&Cs say no refunds, she isn't entitled to a refund . Did she not get an order confirmation or receipt?

However, if the event was not as described she may have cause for a complaint or to ask her bank to do a charge back.
    All posts are my personal opinion, not formal advice Always get proper, professional advice (particularly about anything legal!)