We’d like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum.

This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are – or become – political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING

Hello Forumites! However well-intentioned, for the safety of other users we ask that you refrain from seeking or offering medical advice. This includes recommendations for medicines, procedures or over-the-counter remedies. Posts or threads found to be in breach of this rule will be removed.
📨 Have you signed up to the Forum's new Email Digest yet? Get a selection of trending threads sent straight to your inbox daily, weekly or monthly!

Old Style Daily Thursday 28th June 2018

2»

Comments

  • Good morning all,
    Cloudy start again but will soon burn off as it did yesterday. Trying hard not to complain too much about the heat as I know I will miss it when its gone.
    Another day at work, but payday tomorrow, and may be going for a pub lunch with my team :beer:

    Vacuumed the inside of my car last night, not sure why in that heat, maybe it was the heat that got to my brain and made me do it! I might clean the outside tonight a bit later on, must be mad!
    Holly - I love Wells-Next-The-Sea! Brancaster too, that whole area has some good memories for me, must try and take a trip sometime this summer.
    OH is away for a couple of days at the moment so I am enjoying some peace and quiet with the TV not constantly tuned into football!
    Time for another cup of tea I think :p

    Have a good day all
    Emma
  • SpekySquarehead
    SpekySquarehead Posts: 3,019 Forumite
    Photogenic Debt-free and Proud!
    Morning all,

    Quickie from me.

    Can't remember if I mentioned, but I didn't get the job in Southampton I applied for. I'm awaiting feedback as to why. I have however got an interview for a company in London, no date set yet though.

    Helped in my mums garden for an hour last night, slowly making progress. Tonight I'll be cleaning the flat, as much as possible, to give me a 'free' weekend. Some Jamie Oliver recipe tonight, mince/cauliflower stuff.

    Right. Sorry. Need to dash. Busy work day ahead.
  • System
    System Posts: 178,486 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    edited 30 June 2018 at 5:05PM
    Morning all,

    I need to 'lose' a breeze block and i need a man with a jigsaw.:D I'll have to think about that one.:( On the plus side, ive managed to get my neighbour to move the rubbish against our fence without upsetting him too much.

    Looks like another beautiful day ahead. Ive been out into the garden and watered Grumps strawberry. He's only got one but its well looked after.:rotfl:

    Can you imagine living in a place where you have to hang your washing on a line and pully that is level with your bedroom window because the thieving barstewards nick your washing off the line? No neither did i until i got sent a picture this morning of the place where Grump is working. When he told me yesterday the area is so rough they have to hang the washing so high i didnt believe him. Well i do now. Not sure if you can see the line and pully. I had to look for it. Apparently most of the washing lines are like this. :eek:

    The Girls in South Africa have moved again into a larger premises. They have 9 babies/young children in their care. The place they were in just wasnt big enough. Updates over here.

    Onwards and forwards

    Have a great day all.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • Hard_Up_Hester
    Hard_Up_Hester Posts: 4,656 Forumite
    Eighth Anniversary 1,000 Posts
    Morning all
    Thanks for the thread Holly and hugs to all those in need.
    Judi, my mil had a washing line like that.
    I'm in the dog house today, everything seems to be my fault from a neighbor's cat to magnets not sticking to wood.
    Have a good day everyone.
    Hugs Hester
    Chin up, Titus out.
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 17,413 Forumite
    10,000 Posts I've been Money Tipped!
    [QUOTE=LaineyT;74461338
    Quote: we also enjoyed the German team going out and marvelled at the good manners of the Korean team, made a pleasant surprise after the usual histrionics.
    [/QUOTE]

    Wouldn't have been nice if the German players had the courtesy to shake their opponents hands afterwards though,they didn't which I thought was really bad sportsmanship

    So tonight's the night for England again fingers crossed for our chaps.

    Just been th pick up a repeat prescription from my Drs and after waiting ages in Lloyds to get it made up the dispenser had the nerve to ask if she could have a few minutes of my time (She had already had 20 of them while I was standing waiting :mad: )

    When I asked why she said 'I would like to go through the medications you are on !!!
    I asked her, quite politely for me, :) where she had qualified as a Dr., she went rather quiet at that, and I said

    'Thank you but I only discuss my medicines and treatment with my own GP' and swept out .
    I was really cross as to be honest I don't think she has any right or reason to ask me about my medications that my own GP has supplied me with for the past few years as he obviously has my health records in front of him and my care is his responsibility and no one else's, or am I wrong do you think ?
    Rant over and I shall return to the 'sweet smiley little old lady mode' again;);)

    Got a dental appointment for DGS Mikey this afternoon, he broke a tooth at rugby yesterday so its possible it will have to come out, but his is grannies brave little soldier bless him so possibly a MaccyD's strawberry milkshake for medicinal purposes only will be on the cards on the way home:rotfl::rotfl:

    Have a good day chums and fingers crossed for the boys tonight in russia

    JackieO xxx
  • Hollyharvey
    Hollyharvey Posts: 1,939 Forumite
    Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    JackieO wrote: »

    Just been th pick up a repeat prescription from my Drs and after waiting ages in Lloyds to get it made up the dispenser had the nerve to ask if she could have a few minutes of my time (She had already had 20 of them while I was standing waiting :mad: )

    When I asked why she said 'I would like to go through the medications you are on !!!
    I asked her, quite politely for me, :) where she had qualified as a Dr., she went rather quiet at that, and I said

    'Thank you but I only discuss my medicines and treatment with my own GP' and swept out .
    I was really cross as to be honest I don't think she has any right or reason to ask me about my medications that my own GP has supplied me with for the past few years as he obviously has my health records in front of him and my care is his responsibility and no one else's, or am I wrong do you think ?
    I totally agree with you Jackie. A couple of years ago the pharmacist did the same thing with me, but their 'private' room is an area sectioned off in the main shop and everyone can hear what is being said. I know this because I have heard some interesting conversations while waiting in the queue.

    I did exactly the same as you, and recently when a dose of something was increased above the normal dose rather than speak to me he phoned my GP :).
  • System
    System Posts: 178,486 Community Admin
    10,000 Posts Photogenic Name Dropper
    JackieO Ive had a medication review in the past, they told me i shouldnt have my thyroxine after food. I didnt know that, or if i did i had forgotten.

    To be honest, my medication hasnt changed for years so i cant see the point in having a review. I did pop in to see the pharmacist and ask his advice when i ran out of diuretics... i'd got a blood test coming up and wanted his advice.

    I do get annoyed when i am grilled when i want to buy something over the counter like Grumps aspirin or cough medicine.
    This is a system account and does not represent a real person. To contact the Forum Team email forumteam@moneysavingexpert.com
  • TiredTrophy
    TiredTrophy Posts: 1,019 Forumite
    1,000 Posts Combo Breaker
    Ummm..
    Pharmacists are trained in drug interactions, and often pick up where mistakes have been made, or there is new evidence of a bad combination.
    They are required to offer these checks by the NHS.
    However, one should be private for this.
    My pharmacist just phoned through to the GP when there was a problem with the combination of drugs I was taking and one was changed after blood tests.
This discussion has been closed.
★ ★ ★ Meet your Ambassadors

🚀 Getting Started

Hi new member!

Our Getting Started Guide will help you get the most out of the Forum

Categories

  • All Categories
  • 355.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 254.9K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 456.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 248.2K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 605.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 179K Life & Family
  • 263.6K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure
  • 16.1K Discuss & Feedback
  • 37.7K Read-Only Boards

Is this how you want to be seen?

We see you are using a default avatar. It takes only a few seconds to pick a picture.