Options
2»

Comments

• Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi Alex

Yeah I'll be spending on the Barclaycard I BTed to as I'm on a 0% promo so I can use the cash in my bank account to pay off other debts which charge me interest, saving money in general.
  • Alexd52
    Alexd52 Posts: 318 Forumite
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Post
    Options
    Ok, not come across a card with 0% purchases and 0% BT running at the same time
  • Anthorn
    Anthorn Posts: 4,362 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi,

I'm getting a third credit card and finally my first non starter card with a good life span of 0% purchases and BT so I can pay some of my debts that take interest. My question in relation to credit utilisation is that is it better to stay within 30% credit utilisation of each card or across the total limit of the three? Just so I can plan for the next few months.

Many Thanks

It works in total across all your credit accounts by comparing the total amount outstanding with the total amount available.
  • Superhoopza
    Superhoopza Posts: 469 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post Combo Breaker
    Options
    Thank you everybody for your help. A few quid will be saved, my credit report will be better off for it and it shows I've made enough of a recovery to be given a decent credit card.
  • Marchitiello
    Marchitiello Posts: 1,266 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    No. Lenders expect large, slowly reducing balances when on a promo.

It is important to clarify for the OP that this only apply to the lender making the offer. All other lenders or potential lender will only see each card /credit facility as one entry on their version of the credit report, the limit and outstanding balance as well as opening date of credit facility (but not the provider).
  • chattychappy
    chattychappy Posts: 7,302 Forumite
    Options
    All other lenders or potential lender will only see each card /credit facility as one entry on their version of the credit report, the limit and outstanding balance as well as opening date of credit facility (but not the provider).

Do they not also see the promo present/cash advance/minimum payment flags?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 35,242 Forumite
    First Anniversary Photogenic Name Dropper First Post
    Options
    It is important to clarify for the OP that this only apply to the lender making the offer. All other lenders or potential lender will only see each card /credit facility as one entry on their version of the credit report, the limit and outstanding balance as well as opening date of credit facility (but not the provider).

It applies to all lenders, as they see the promo flag.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure