Groupon aircon deal

Options

Comments

• seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    groupon deals, they hardly ever make money on. The company pays 1/3 of the price to groupon and then rest is left to them. Aircon refrigerant is quite pricey and obviously there's overheads and labout involved.

You may find with these places you just get what you pay for and they will not regas the amount they really ought to fill. Just fill enough to improve the cooling performance that you already have.
  • debtdebt
    debtdebt Posts: 949 Forumite
    Options
    OP, what do you want? You haven’t suffered any loss. You tried to use your Groupon voucher, you couldn’t so you’re getting a refund.

Nobody has forced you to go elsewhere and pay more or less than the voucher price to get your air con serviced. All that’s happened is that you couldn’t avail yourself of that particular voucher. You’ve got a refund so haven’t faced a loss.
  • Malgoska22
    Options
    I have had exactly the same situation today with ats and air con grupon voucher. They told me they couldn’t not Regas it as my pomp was working to hard then switch it of itself and the pressure was to high. I managed to be served by other garage the same day and was told my pomp and all air conditioning system is working correctly and paid 60 for Regas. The other garage pointed that gas that goes into air con had raised as much in price and it cost 20 for the gas that goes into my car. If you pay 35 for the voucher then 15 goes into grupon and 20 goes into garage meaning they do not earn nothing. That why they refuse to regas.
  • seatbeltnoob
    seatbeltnoob Posts: 1,311 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    Options
    Malgoska22 wrote: »
    I have had exactly the same situation today with ats and air con grupon voucher. They told me they couldn’t not Regas it as my pomp was working to hard then switch it of itself and the pressure was to high. I managed to be served by other garage the same day and was told my pomp and all air conditioning system is working correctly and paid 60 for Regas. The other garage pointed that gas that goes into air con had raised as much in price and it cost 20 for the gas that goes into my car. If you pay 35 for the voucher then 15 goes into grupon and 20 goes into garage meaning they do not earn nothing. That why they refuse to regas.

The groupon voucher does say they will do checks and if it is found that the system does not hold pressure then they will not carry on with the regas and refund will be issued.

This is with ATS euromaster though, not sure about other providers.

I guess they are using it as a means to get people through the door if they are honest they will break even on the regas work, and make money from AC repairs which can be profitable.
  • Malgoska22
    Options
    The only thing they do is saying people that the system is not working correctly and they can not regase it. I have asked for repairs at first but was told they do not carry any air con repairs just refill them.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    The only thing they do is saying people that the system is not working correctly and they can not regase it. I have asked for repairs at first but was told they do not carry any air con repairs just refill them.

Which is correct.
  • motorguy
    motorguy Posts: 22,479 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Post
    edited 2 August 2018 at 10:17AM
    Options
    I have had exactly the same situation today with ats and air con grupon voucher. They told me they couldn!!!8217;t not Regas it as my pomp was working to hard then switch it of itself and the pressure was to high. I managed to be served by other garage the same day and was told my pomp and all air conditioning system is working correctly and paid 60 for Regas. The other garage pointed that gas that goes into air con had raised as much in price and it cost 20 for the gas that goes into my car. If you pay 35 for the voucher then 15 goes into grupon and 20 goes into garage meaning they do not earn nothing. That why they refuse to regas.

I dont think you can absolutely draw that conclusion.

They do their own specific checks, your car failed their checks, they wouldnt do the regas.

I've had that before with Kwikfit and it wasnt on a groupon.

They have procedures to follow.
  • peter12345678910
    Options
    I think the cheapest deal is the stp DIY recharge kit though £70 from eBay but £60 from wickdirect with £10 refund - postage. Did 2 cars one with no pressure and another with low pressure, and I bet I can do... my 2 cars again in a couple of years. Though the stp recharge also fixes leaks.

Though wickdirect are cheap they also use cheap packaging and cheap parcel deliver like apc overnight which are OK if you say leave the parcel under the car. Though their deliver drivers are probably worked like slaves.
    When you look into an abyss, the abyss also looks into you. Nietzsche

Please note that at no point during this work was the kettle ever put out of commission and no chavs were harmed during the making of this post.
  • Malgoska22
    Options
    motorguy wrote: »
    I dont think you can absolutely draw that conclusion.

They do their own specific checks, your car failed their checks, they wouldnt do the regas.

I've had that before with Kwikfit and it wasnt on a groupon.

They have procedures to follow.

Well. In my case when I visited the other garage and explained what ats told me the person who refilled my gas was happy to have me on the site and explained how the regas work. I was invited to look at the mashine screen for what is actually being done and explained all the parameters and what the red and blue pressures should be. At the end I was told system is perfectly working right and was given slip from the mashine telling you what was done if there was any leak detected and how much gas has been added. This service just reassured me that my air con is working right and ats just refused to refill for too cheap grupon voucher. They did not even issued me with the slip from regas mashine as the second garage asked for it at beginning to take a look what has been done and I noticed I was not given one. Instead I was told that they not doing any repairs and because my system is broken the only thing they can offer is to ask me to call grupon and get my money back.
  • EdGasketTheSecond
    Options
    I think the cheapest deal is the stp DIY recharge kit though £70 from eBay but £60 from wickdirect with £10 refund - postage. Did 2 cars one with no pressure and another with low pressure, and I bet I can do... my 2 cars again in a couple of years. Though the stp recharge also fixes leaks.

Though wickdirect are cheap they also use cheap packaging and cheap parcel deliver like apc overnight which are OK if you say leave the parcel under the car. Though their deliver drivers are probably worked like slaves.

I've only ever got 1 car recharged out of a can as the pressure drops quite rapidly. So it is only really cost-effective if the cans are on offer which they sometimes are but only in winter LOL.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.4K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.8K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.5K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.4K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.2K Life & Family
  • 248.1K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure