🗳️ ELECTION 2024: THE MSE LEADERS' DEBATE Got a burning question you want us to ask the party leaders ahead of the general election? Submit your suggestions via this form or post them on our dedicated Forum board where you can see and upvote other users' questions. Please note that the Forum's rules on avoiding general political discussion still apply across all boards.

School Christmas Fayre - Any ideas?

Options
13»

Comments

• poppyamber
    Options
    A popular one at my daughters school is " A parent free zone".

Any donations from the parents not used in tombolla etc are sifted through and the ones that are suitable gifts for mums and dads are kept by, bars of choocie, bath salts, diarys etc.

The children enter the room without mum or dad and pay £1, then they pick a present from the table. Then with help from the grown ups they can wrap this present for their parents. Great for little ones who cant go shopping alone and want to give mum and dad a surprise

:D
    Comp Wins: Colour Catcher Goody Bag!
    Trying to win big! :j
  • shimmigirl
    Options
    also another popular one we have running alongside face painting is hair wraps if anyone can do them - not a big money spinner as they take some time to do but we also are want the fayres to be fun for the children.

Something else we are going to try this year is coloured hair extensions, one of the PFA mums is a hairdresser and is going to make one of her juniors come and do the extensions - blue, red, pink , purple.
    You can buy the pack for about £8.00 with 50 in so we can still charge a 50p / £1.00 and make a good amount as well as the kids having a xmas time treat (we have cleared with headmistress though as they will have 2 more weeks of school after the fayre)
  • Horace
    Horace Posts: 14,426 Forumite
    Options
    How about a bring & buy stall? We used to have these when I was at primary school, I think they work by people donating stuff they don't want. All I know is that my Mum took something (can't remember what) but spent 50p buying a silver guernsey cream jug.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 7 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 343.8K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.3K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450K Spending & Discounts
  • 236K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.1K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.4K Life & Family
  • 248.6K Travel & Transport