School Christmas Fayre - Any ideas?

Options

Comments

• sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Go to Ikea and buy their cups either 35p/39p each can't remember which. Then buy small pots of porcelaine paint and let the children paint them. They can collect them at the end of the fair as they are touch dry quickly. After 24 hours you simply bake them for 35 min and then they are dishwasher proof. You will need the smallest ammount of paint probably just 1 pot of each colour, and fine paint brushes. You could also print off some ideas for them to get inspiration from e.g holly snowmen etc. Check out www.decoart.com for their free patterns for painting on wood but the children could get some ideas from there, the patterns are free. The paint I use is Pebeo 150 porcelaine. Ikea sometimes have the cups in various colours which is a good idea. Also get the children to put their initials and the date underneath. You can wipe the paint off if they make a mistake before it drys hard. I think my paints cost about £3 per pot but they do go miles. I have probably painted over 150 cups with my paints, presies etc.
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • Nenen
    Nenen Posts: 2,379 Forumite
    Options
    sethsgran wrote: »
    GoCheck out www.decoart.com for their free patterns for painting on wood but the children could get some ideas from there, the patterns are free.
    Great idea...thank you :A however, I can't seem to find the free patterns on the site... please can you help by providing the link?
    “A journey is best measured in friends, not in miles.”
    (Tim Cahill)
  • jo03
    jo03 Posts: 72 Forumite
    Options
    If you decide on santa sparkle or reindeer food position it near the grotto ours always sells best there.

We do face painting and wooden decoration painting too we have a long corrider and the grotto is at one end ,so we tend to position these along the way so that people in the santa line have something interesting to do.

Dance mats- always goes down well at all our fundraisers we allocate a seperate room for this and all of us fight over who will man it!
  • newty428
    Options
    In the weeks leading up to our Christmas Fayre, the school organises a "wear your own clothes day" in return we ask that each child brings a donation of either sweets or bottles. We then make coned bags out of cellophane, fill them with sweets or sweet kebabs and tie with ribbon. These are used for our sweet tombola. They look so good, this summer we made over 200 of them and we sold out within an hour. 3 tickets for a pound. So easy!!
  • christineperseus
    Options
    Have a plate of chocolate money (best buy LIDL)
    a timer set for 30 seconds
    and sets of chop sticks..........
    charge 30p - they get as many Euros as they can transfer to their plate.
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your great idea - Have got lots to take to our meeting next week now. The Reindeer food is a firm favorite and a great seller as is the face painting. Like all the ideas about dress down and bringing a prize instead if usual 50p.

Thanks again and keep up the great work.
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
  • sethsgran
    sethsgran Posts: 2,855 Forumite
    First Post First Anniversary Combo Breaker
    Options
    Hi try this link to one of the patterns, it might look too complicated but the idea is to take bits from it. When you go to www.decoart.com go to the project library and then select a subject I simply type in a single word in the top left box e.g. santa, snowman, gingerbread boy etc. Hope this helps let me know if not
    Nothing Changes if Nothing Changes
  • barbie_babe
    Options
    I used to help run the school xmas and summer fairs at my childrens old school.We found selling tables so people could sell thier own stuff was a good earner. We charged five pounds a table and money had to be in before the day. We also made sure they were not going to sell food and any thing else we would be selling. Most years we would sell 10 tables so we had 50 pounds before even the start of the day.
    :j
  • Angelraesunshine
    Options
    Hi Amanda I run the Friends committee at my kids school and we run all the fund raising events for the school, here is a list of the stalls we are running this year.

Raffle
    Tombola
    2nd hand Stall
    Decorative jars ~ 2 weeks before kids have a competition ( they decorate and fill the jars) 1 winner per class gets a small gift the jars then have a jar tombola is our most popular hundreds of jars and always 1st to sell out

Santa Grotto
    Guess the weight of the cake
    Guess how many sweets in the jar
    Snowball snowman ~ i made this last year was really popular large hard cardboard with 5 holes cut out ( can be backed with net as ours is) decorated with a 3d snowman through snowballs ( light foam or paper balls) land in the holes for points to win we ran out of prizes twice last year with this was great

Creativity area
    Refreshments
    Hoopla
    Lucky string ~ a xmas tree with knotted strings through it(stiff card or wood) pull a string and if its not knotted you win 3 pulls for 20p

Lucky lolly
    Guess the name of the fish
    Toy stall
    Catch a star
    Catch a duck
    Roll a 10p
    Hook a bottle
    Lucky boxes
    Face painting
    Bouncy castle
    Teddy tombola

If your not sure what any of them are just tell me and i will explain what they are. HTH

we also sell outside stalls normally 8- 10 tables @ £10 each, for things like virgin vie, body shp, jewlery, photo studio, and a few that sell home made gifts from local people.
    Still Trying :o
    Grocery challenge July 2016
    £400/£000
  • amanda40
    amanda40 Posts: 1,218 Forumite
    Options
    Thanks for all your ideas - they are cooming thick and fast! Need to buy face paints for this years - Snazaroo I have heard are the best - good prices for kits on Ebay. I have my newsletter all ready to send out not - hope lots of people volunteer to help!!
    No Longer addicted to Boots! - Well not today anyway!! :blushing:

Officially Mortgage free 31/07/2017 , 12 years early :j
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.7K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.2K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.9K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.8K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.8K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.3K Life & Family