Best sprinkler for watering pots while on holiday?

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
1 reply 720 views
cubegamecubegame Forumite
2K Posts
Part of the Furniture 1,000 Posts Name Dropper
✭✭✭✭
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Greenfingered MoneySaving
Our usual holiday watering helper is ill at the moment and can't help when we go away in a couple of weeks time.

In the past when this has happened we've tried to set up several sprinklers with a watering computer to give all our pots a decent watering every day.

This has always been relatively successful but can be a lottery because of water pressures and the like.

I'd prefer to do a nice micro-irrigation setup but unfortunately don't have the time so I wondered if anyone has experience with good sprinklers for this?

At the moment I have two bar sprinklers and am looking for something to water over a relatively small area (perhaps 2 to 3 meters diameter) with a high throw. Ideally it would work with fairly low pressure as although we have good pressure it's obviously dropping a fair bit with three sprinklers on.

Any suggestions?

Replies

• seven-day-weekendseven-day-weekend Forumite
    36.6K Posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    cubegame wrote: »
    Our usual holiday watering helper is ill at the moment and can't help when we go away in a couple of weeks time.

In the past when this has happened we've tried to set up several sprinklers with a watering computer to give all our pots a decent watering every day.

This has always been relatively successful but can be a lottery because of water pressures and the like.

I'd prefer to do a nice micro-irrigation setup but unfortunately don't have the time so I wondered if anyone has experience with good sprinklers for this?

At the moment I have two bar sprinklers and am looking for something to water over a relatively small area (perhaps 2 to 3 meters diameter) with a high throw. Ideally it would work with fairly low pressure as although we have good pressure it's obviously dropping a fair bit with three sprinklers on.

Any suggestions?
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pQc3yENYuSk
    (AKA HRH_MUngo)
    Member #10 of £2 savers club
    Imagine someone holding forth on biology whose only knowledge of the subject is the Book of British Birds, and you have a rough idea of what it feels like to read Richard Dawkins on theology: Terry Eagleton
This discussion has been closed.
Latest MSE News and Guides

Tesco launches its first ever...

...checkout-free supermarket store

MSE News

25+ ways to stop scams

Plus what to do if you're a victim

MSE Guides

Beauty Advent calendar round-up

The Body Shop, Holland & Barrett etc

MSE Deals