Forum Home» Budgeting & Bank Accounts

MSE Bills Tracker shows surge in petrol and diesel prices

New Post Advanced Search

MSE Bills Tracker shows surge in petrol and diesel prices

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
6 replies 1.5K views
MSE_NaomiMSE_Naomi MSE Staff
448 posts
Second Anniversary I've been Money Tipped! Newshound!
MSE Staff
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Budgeting & Bank Accounts
Diesel and petrol costs have risen sharply in the past year according to the latest MSE Bills Tracker, which shows the rise in household bills and expenses is accelerating faster than overall inflation....
Read the full story:
'MSE Bills Tracker shows surge in petrol and diesel prices'

OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven't already, join the forum to reply.

Replies

• minislimminislim Forumite
    350 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    in the greater Manchester area alone there seems to be apparent price fixing going on between the supermarkets.
    Here in Oldham Tesco's seems to be the front runner for this. they have been constantly hiking fuel prices up on a weekly basis. at one point their fuel prices were only 1p cheaper than mainstream fuel stations.

and because of this fellow competitors in the area like sainsburys, asda and morrisons have been following tescos prices as they went up.

yet only down the road in ashton (4miles away) the same supermarkets are 4 to 6p cheaper.

its about time this price fixing was sorted and the culprits punished with fines!

its made me stop using Tesco's altogether. so much for every little helps (their profits)
  • VT82VT82 Forumite
    1.1K posts
    Wow, stop the press, petrol prices have gone up sharply. Headline news!!! (or at least it was headline news, literally everywhere, precisely 17 days ago)
  • EssexExileEssexExile Forumite
    4.5K posts
    1,000 Posts Fifth Anniversary Photogenic
    ✭✭✭✭
    My wife tells me (I don't trouble myself with such trifles) that petrol is going down around here.
    Tall, dark & handsome. Well two out of three ain't bad.
  • ValiantSonValiantSon
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    minislim wrote: »
    in the greater Manchester area alone there seems to be apparent price fixing going on between the supermarkets.
    Here in Oldham Tesco's seems to be the front runner for this. they have been constantly hiking fuel prices up on a weekly basis. at one point their fuel prices were only 1p cheaper than mainstream fuel stations.

and because of this fellow competitors in the area like sainsburys, asda and morrisons have been following tescos prices as they went up.

yet only down the road in ashton (4miles away) the same supermarkets are 4 to 6p cheaper.

its about time this price fixing was sorted and the culprits punished with fines!

its made me stop using Tesco's altogether. so much for every little helps (their profits)

What you have described isn't price fixing. You have described market forces.
  • minislimminislim Forumite
    350 posts
    Tenth Anniversary 100 Posts Combo Breaker
    ✭✭
    ValiantSon wrote: »
    What you have described isn't price fixing. You have described market forces.

Hahaha "market forces"!

better know as price fixing!

in any other sector it would be investigated. but fuel seems to be ignored.
  • ValiantSonValiantSon
    2.6K posts
    ✭✭✭✭
    minislim wrote: »
    Hahaha "market forces"!

better know as price fixing!

in any other sector it would be investigated. but fuel seems to be ignored.

No, you are simply wrong.