No longer in use

Comments

• MeandO
    MeandO Posts: 2,902 Forumite
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Post
    Everyone seems to be struggling and really tired today, i guess the poor sleeping from the heat is catching up with people, either that or it’s just making them all grumpy.
    I was supposed to go swimming with DS tonight but just had absolutely no energy to do so. I was so tired that my legs and arms felt like lead and I felt quite ill. :( I feel bad for disappointing him, but I don’t think I could have done it tonight. When did I get old? :(

No money spent today, although tomorrow will be a different story as I need to get some groceries in. I have a budget of £40, so need it to come in under that.
    I also need to withdraw some money from my gifts account for a birthday this weekend.

I’ve tidied and cleared out two ‘drawers of doom’ tonight after looking for something and being frustrated about the amount of ‘stuff’ in there. I’ve recycled a load of paper and instructions for various things no longer needed and tidied up various bits of DS’s into an order and made loads of room. I then got the decluttering bug and went through all of the cookery books and DS’s books downstairs, sorting a few for the charity and some to pass on, putting a few of the more valuable ones aside to possibly sell.
    I then set to on a couple of kitchen cupboards and have sorted yet more stuff for the charity bag and eBay pile. I think i’ll try and sort through a couple more drawers tomorrow evening too. I feel like there’s way too much stuff in this house for just DS and me presently.

Feeling a bit deflated tonight. I usually spend Thursday evenings with OH and was looking forward to tomorrow, but he was a bit non-comittal and dismissive about tomorrow evening earlier when I spoke to him. Guess I’ll tackle the rest of the house and clear a bit more stuff if i’m here alone then. Tidy house, tidy mind and all that...
    Mortgage @ 03/2019: £125K, Now: £66,970
    Mortgage OP's 2024: £738.03/£2000 Total OP’s: £8948.59
    SAVINGS: EF: £6523.98/£15,000
  • MeandO
    Moguline wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're having such a tough time. It can definitely help keeping a tight reign in finances in these times, as at least it gives you the feeling that there's something in your life you actually have control of.
    Hope you hit a streak of good luck soon, and house repairs don't turn out to be too costly!

Thank you Moguline. So sorry, I missed this post earlier, have just noticed it now! X
  • MeandO
    The refund has hit the credit card account and I tried to pay off another £40 but, once again, have been hit by Sainsbury's new rules of not being able to make more than one online payment in 14 days. :mad:
    So, I've tranferred £600 from the ISA, phoned up Sainsburys and paid the credit card off. When the payment has cleared I will be closing the account.

This does mean my savings are depleted to £600 now, but I'll work on building those up again.
  • That's great news on closing the credit card - hate when online options are restricted! Some companies don't help themselves!
  • MeandO
    £25 I'd allocated from the business profit to pay for postage wasn't needed as I had £33 left on my business postage pre-payment card. :) That money has now gone to sub the groceries budget instead.

£18 spent in tesco on groceries this morning, although I will receive £2 of that back via shopmium. :) I didn't buy everything I needed there, just the bits I can't get elsewhere. I'll pick up the rest later today from a cheaper supermarket. ;)

YNAB has all been updated, ten days to go until the child benefit hits the account, then the tax credits two days later. I should hopefully be able to top up the rest of the OP target then.

Happy Friday all
    x
  • MeandO
    Credit card account closed... after 20 minutes waiting on the phone. :mad:

No back up option now, so I need to save, save, save! :o
  • MeandO
    I haven’t found the will to post for a while, it’s been a bit of a horrible week or so, but hopefully things are on the up.

The first quote for the house repairs came in at £6800. :eek::eek::eek::eek: I won’t lie, I almost cried and spent days and nights worrying about it and trying to see if I could lend more money against the house. This really made me feel down as I’d worked so hard to overpay the mortgage and it would be increasing by £6800.

I had a second quote today for £4320! Both were from well known companies with equally good reputations locally, for the same work. It angers me that one is so much more than the other and are obviously trying their luck. :mad: Adding that amount to the mortgage doesn’t bother me quite so much, but my parents are insisting on paying for it. I’m protesting and really feel so guilty, but they are insistent. I will try and find a way of raising the money first beforehand, that way I can honestly tell them I have the money.

Things haven’t been great between OH and I this past week. His inability to commit to anything or make a decision has caused some sadness and frustration and I have spent the past week questioning what I actually mean to him.:( Attempts to talk about things were closed down very quickly, but we did go out for a (free) meal yesterday and I think it did us good. I think we just need a bit of time away from everything, just the two of us, so we are looking at a cheap camping trip somewhere quiet next weekend.

My Mum has also been very poorly and was hospitalised. Thankfully she’s home now, but really concerning problems are still afoot and unfortunately always will be. :(

I’ve been keeping up with one survey account and have £8 in amazon credits so far since the last spend. I’ve also had a few Shopmium redemptions, so free shopping!

There is very little money left in the account until Monday. I need some grocery shopping but I do have a £20 Asda gift card which will pay for most of it. Other than that it needs to be a free weekend!

Happy weekend all x
  • Honeysucklelou2
    Honeysucklelou2 Posts: 4,657 Forumite
    Sorry you've had a tough week MeandO. Hope your mum is as comfortable as possible.

The quotes are so different! Is the work able to be covered by buildings insurance at all?
    paydbx2024 #2 £480/£5000 . Mortgage £144k start ~ £148k Jun 23 -
    2024 savings challenge £5/£2000
    EF £140. Savings 2 £30.00. Weekly savings envelope #17
  • MeandO
    Thanks HSL2. As for the house, unfortunately not covered by insurance so will have to be paid for. :(
  • MeandO
    £106.37 overpayment paid off the mortgage today to round up the odd numbers, leaving the mortgage now at £75,530.
    This means I've hit my target for the month with a little bit extra thrown at it for good measure. :)

Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family