We'd like to remind Forumites to please avoid political debate on the Forum. This is to keep it a safe and useful space for MoneySaving discussions. Threads that are - or become - political in nature may be removed in line with the Forum’s rules. Thank you for your understanding.

MSE News: BA to consider claims for expenses after cancelled flights fiasco

Options
British Airways has said it WILL consider claims for expenses such as hotels and car hire from travellers left out of pocket when it cancelled a wave of cheap 'error fare' flights to the Middle East, as more stories emerged from the passengers affected...
Read the full story:
'BA to consider claims for expenses after cancelled flights fiasco'
OfficialStamp.gif
Click reply below to discuss. If you haven’t already, join the forum to reply.

Comments

• problemcashback
    Options
    It’s assumed that once you get an eticket you have confirmation that you have a seat, what BA is doing here is suggesting you don’t which then means that no one can ever book hotels, car rental etc. If that’s the case the regulator which we all know look after the correct side need to ensure that there is a point when a booking is a booking.
  • kbarr006
    Options
    I raised a formal complaint yesterday so hopefully BA do the right thing.

I must have been one of the first to book my flights around 5:30/6pm on Monday and I had no idea it could have been an error fare. As i mentioned in my previous post my total cost looked like a BA deal which i know they do in June as i bagged a similar deal last year.

Anyway, good to hear they are looking at this on a case by case basis. hopefully i get some positive news and this isn't a plan to make the story go away.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 12 Election 2024: The MSE Leaders' Debate
  • 344.1K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.4K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 450.1K Spending & Discounts
  • 236.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 609.6K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.5K Life & Family
  • 248.9K Travel & Transport