Car insurance issues - please help!!

New Post Advanced Search

Car insurance issues - please help!!

edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
3 replies 758 views
aaronduffy99aaronduffy99 Forumite
2 posts
edited 30 November -1 at 1:00AM in Insurance & Life Assurance
Hi guys I’ve been driving for 6 months, I’m 19 and live in a terraced house. I paid £1700 for insurance for a year with 6000 miles (low I know) but due to insurance coming in for £2500 for 10,000 I couldn’t afford this as I was low on funds after purchasing the car for £1500. So long story short I’ve ran out of miles and have 890 left, it costs me £500 to purchase 1000 miles but if I purchase these then my insurance goes up to £3000 next year so I’m in a bit of a predicament. Will anyone give me advice on what to do? I need my car for work and college. Just wondering if anyone knows any non black box insurance and I’m with MoreThanSmart wheels.

Please help

Replies

• Caz3121Caz3121 Forumite
    14.2K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    it costs me £500 to purchase 1000 miles but if I purchase these then my insurance goes up to £3000 next year so I’m in a bit of a predicament.
    have you had an accident? I am confused why your insurance would go up as I assume you would shop around for new insurance once you have a years no claims so how do you know it would increase?
    how much would public transport be compared to the cost of the correct insurance?
  • No accident, he said If bought miles it will go up if I came to renew it as I went over the miles I said I will do and public transport use is a difficult one as I use my car to carry tools around for work which won!!!8217;t fit on public transport.

Also if I was to buy miles it would go from £500 for the first 1000 then if I wanted more next month or so on then it will be £1000 for 1000 miles and then £1500 for 1000 miles etc
  • forgotmynameforgotmyname Forumite
    31.4K posts
    Part of the Furniture 10,000 Posts Name Dropper
    ✭✭✭✭✭
    Seems like you have 2 choices, do the miles and pay up or dont do the miles.

Cancel the policy and go elsewhere, although you start again afresh with zero no claims. And the charge to cancel may be more than paying the rest of the policy.

Lots of insurers who dont use a black box.
    Censorship Reigns Supreme in Troll City...