Options
2»

Comments

• nicter
    nicter Posts: 300 Forumite
    Name Dropper First Post First Anniversary
    edited 11 July 2018 at 9:28PM
    Options
    I also had that email 2 days ago saying I needed to update my card details to enable ongoing prime membership after trial
    I logged into amazon (not via the email link )
    There was nothing to say I had signed up for trial just a message saying update card detail
    Last order on there was early april for a kindle e-book. not accessed amazon since
    I emailed amazon who replied saying they had cancelled my free trial
    :(
    Odd now to see others have had the same experience
  • MrsStepford
    MrsStepford Posts: 1,604 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post Name Dropper
    Options
    Have been an Amazon Prime customer since 2012 and very happy customer. I don't have to pay postage on Prime orders and being a Prime customer also gives me free movies, Kindle books and music. On top of that there are things like Amazon Pantry, which you can only use if a Prime member.

I don't blame people for confusion. Yesterday I was ordering a candle from Marisota and had to stop dead and back track because the continue button I had clicked, was one for a personal account. It isn't always user error in signing up, it can be that default options channel you along a path. Lesson learned, I will check through options more carefully now.

IF you can make use of them, the no upfront deals will save you money. I've been an Ocado SmartPass customer since 2012 and as long as I do one 6.99 slot per month I get free delivery. I shop the offers first and save between £10 - £30 per shop and then on top of that SmartPass customers get 10% off a whole load of products. Currently, I'm saving 10% on Biona stuff for example.

I have a delivery pass with ASDA too and that means that I save money on delivery and save money on Ocado non-offer prices for basic stuff.

Selfridges is now offering a £15 per year delivery pass. More than three orders per year and it pays for itself.

If they don't work for you, just keep a hawk eye on the checkout process.
  • Prinzessilein
    Prinzessilein Posts: 3,257 Forumite
    First Anniversary First Post
    Options
    I am a very satisfied Amazon Prime customer.....my subscription gives me free postage on most of my deliveries...Kindle books...movies/TV shows...music....it is well worth the fee for me.

I have always found Amazon to be upfront with their Primes subscription....before I joined I would often be asked if I wanted a free trial, and it was always made clear that if I joined then I would need to cancel after the free trial (one relative has had half a dozen or so free Prime trials so far!)

I ordered something from a different site recently, and they have a 'customer account' as their default option...if you DON'T click then you are automatically signed up...that is much sneakier than Amazon!
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.3K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.4K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608.2K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 248K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure