The Utility Warehouse

We recently agreed to swap our electricity supply to the Utility Warehouse, they offer a "Triple Guarantee" that they'll be cheaper than our regional provider who we were with so it seemed a good move. At least until we got written confirmation of their pricing and they were more expensive. After a very long phone call where they tried to convince me that I was wrong they finally accepted the simple maths and agreed that they were unable to beat our regional provider. The mighty "Triple Guarantee" seemed a little worthless. Needless to say the agent I had gone through (a friend) was less than pleased and refuses to believe that they aren't cheaper, ignoring the facts and telling me that I just need to "believe" in the product. Madness really. To be honest I'm a little concerned about him and his new venture, the whole thing seems to built around guarantees and promises that they are unable to keep. He seems a little taken in by it all. I just wondered if anybody had any similar experiences with this company and their guarantees.
I've just used one of the comparison sites recommended by MSE and have saved about £200, so all's well that ends well I guess.

Comments

• Quentin
    Quentin Posts: 40,405 Forumite
    He will be loathe to admit he made a mistake as you have to pay them upfront to become an agent.

No-one likes to admit they've been conned!
  • billsavings
    billsavings Posts: 2,015 Forumite
    I guess he failed to mention the £21 a year membership fee you pay to get higher bills,and the expensive 5p a minute customer service number.
This discussion has been closed.
Meet your Ambassadors

Categories

• All Categories
  • 343.2K Banking & Borrowing
  • 250.1K Reduce Debt & Boost Income
  • 449.7K Spending & Discounts
  • 235.3K Work, Benefits & Business
  • 608K Mortgages, Homes & Bills
  • 173.1K Life & Family
  • 247.9K Travel & Transport
  • 1.5M Hobbies & Leisure